Five senses

  • Judson Chambers
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31 9:46 PM
      Hi CG,

      One thing about this "five senses" that is overlooked
      is in how our thinking treats "five". We, even our
      revered modern collegiates, tend to focus more upon
      the "senses" in "five senses" than the "five".

      Everyone is aware that "senses" can be found as more
      numerous than 5 iterations. Therefore one should think
      that the key concept here should be upon the fact that
      senses in general have a "fiveness" about them that we
      should be concerned with.

      The word "five" in "five senses" is an adjective
      modifying senses. A clarifying sentence revealing the
      truth of the "five senses" is: "the five senses are
      more numerous than even 10 iterations".

      We should begin a proper apraisal of this situation by
      realizing that we have adopted a different posture
      towards the phrases that were used hundreds of years
      ago. We have been largely alienated from understanding
      the alphabet, words and phrases crafted in our long

      The ultimate point to be realized is to know the
      effect of fiveness in the quality of the instance of
      "sense". We can know that "five" was understood by the
      epistemology of the thinkers of those earlier days,
      the geometers, the metaphysicians, many theologians et
      al, "five" was understood to be the literary
      expression of the concept of "growth". It was
      recognized in the color of the material expressing
      vegetal kingdom: "green".

      To be as succinct as possible in this moment, I might
      express the idea of the fiveness of sense in this way:

      The inner attention as it is carried outward to the
      products of the senses is taken away from the core of
      the internal idealized lawfulness of spirit every
      time. This engagement in the senses and its products
      involve a changing in the juxtaposition in space and
      succession in time, ie growth from what circumstance
      to another.

      The geometers of Egypt and pre-Egypt, masters of
      proportion and the preceding forces before "number"
      emerged, sought to demonstrate "growth" by the stake
      and the twine. The knowledge of "growth" has come down
      to modern times by references to the "root of five",
      ie the root of the fifth square as demonstrating
      growth from a preceding square condition.

      It was found that the diameter of a circle could not,
      as it were, increase the circumference of the circle.
      But it was found that the edge of diagonal of a
      primary square equals the side of a square exactly
      equal to 2 times the area of the primary square. A
      double square cut by a diagonal is named the root of
      the "fifth" square in that it leads to a growth of the
      quadruple squares to an expansion in growth in area
      equal to one of the squares, a fifth square.

      In parallel this knowledge of growth is in principle
      what manifests in the growth to wider proportionate
      perimeter. If a circle were to be bound to the edges
      of such an original four squares, then a proportionate
      growth of that circle could be seen by the inward
      growth of the circle enclosed.

      So this demonstration of ordered growth is applicable
      in many, many areas, even those of the senses. Because
      the product of the senses surround us with swelling
      growth or deflating growth, the understanding of the
      inner machination of such activity had to be entered
      and lead ultimately to demonstration by geometers.

      Note that central consonant in "EVE" is the Roman
      numeral for "five". She, "Eve" contained the forces of
      five especially pronounced in pregnancy.

      Also note that "F" in "five" is related to "V" sonicly
      in that "V" requires a vowel as the letter is
      explosively vocalized; where the "F" requires no such
      vowel, but simply the passage of air through the
      mouth. So "F" and "V" were understood as poles in
      duality, both equalling "growth". In this way the "fe,
      fi, fo, fum" of the Englishman introduced a form of
      masculinity and femininity into the English language.
      This seems undoubtedly related to the old Egyptian
      understanding of the "F" (replaced in the 6th position
      in the Greek alphabet, the digamma): "extension of

      But to summarize in closing, we should know that the
      ego dwelling in the throes of "personality" has been
      lead astray to the enumeration of the many senses away
      from the factor of growth associated with any unit of
      sense. This is the threat and danger of life in the
      material world to which our sense organs are reaching
      in growth.