Re: [sl]Vastu

  • Barry Carroll
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2002
      SLM--
      there was a brief exchange over a year ago re Vastu
      with its vastu grid as similar to the bag wa (spelling?) octagon that
      some fung shui practicioners apparently use to determine
      whether the right energy is happening in all the compass points.

      the comment i remember was to the effect that for what ever reason,
      fung shui has captured the new age imagination while
      vastu has not.

      as you point out however, now comes a book
      for the English speaking public. I've never seen such a book before.

      ***So did John Michel have anything to share before he lit up?***

      At 09:28 PM 10/16/02 +0100, you wrote:
      >Dan Washburn wrote:
      >
      >>When I was in England recently I went to the British Museum,
      >>since I have been hearing about it's wonders for most of my
      >>life.
      >>
      >>In the courtyard there is a museum bookstore that made me
      >>drool.
      >>

      >Dan
      >did you manage to get to Watkins Books? http://www.watkinsbooks.com/
      >Difficult to walk away without a bookshelf or two from that cave of
      >delights........;-)
      >
      >On another topic:
      >There used to be someone on this list that was keen on Vaastu.
      >I would like to know if they/anyone is familiar with the work of Patrick
      >McFadzean?
      >I was at Megalithomania
      > http://www.stonehenge.uklinux.net/article.php?sid=2146410717
      >last week to hear John Michell speak and one of the book stalls had a
      >couple of books by him
      >http://www.pixie-inc.demon.co.uk/libra/cat.html and I just wondered if
      >anyone can recommend. They were sealed in cellophane so I could not
      >browse on the stall.
      >
      >By the way, I managed to have a short tete a tete with John Michell
      >after he spoke. He lit up a spliff the minute we got into the foyer .....
      >
      >SLM
      >

      >Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be found at:
      >http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
      >
      >To UNsubscribe, send email to:

    • Stephanie MacFarlane
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2002
        Barry Carroll wrote:

        >as you point out however, now comes a book
        >for the English speaking public. I've never seen such a book before.
        >
        >***So did John Michel have anything to share before he lit up?***

        He spoke to us for about 50mins before he had the spliff. It was about
        noon by then I guess.
        But he does not have a book about vaastu coming out. I was asking about
        one by a guy call Patrick McFazean in my OP.

        SLM
      • Barry Carroll
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2002
          stephanie--
          sorry i even ventured my opinion re JM's
          smoking habits. none of my business, really.
          still i was glad that you mentioned it because
          it added an intimate touch.

          yes, i understand that the book about Vastu
          was not by John Michel but by Mr McFazean.
          even so it seems to be the first book on this
          for the english speaking public. i have not seen
          Mr McFazean's name before.

          do you think you will order the book
          to have a look at how he presents the subject?
          if so, i hope you will report back.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2002
            Barry Carroll wrote:

            >stephanie--
            >

            >yes, i understand that the book about Vastu
            >was not by John Michel but by Mr McFazean.
            >even so it seems to be the first book on this
            >for the english speaking public. i have not seen
            >Mr McFazean's name before.
            >
            >do you think you will order the book
            > to have a look at how he presents the subject?
            >if so, i hope you will report back.

            PS The bookstall owner saw me pick the book up and told me that Patrick
            was at the conference, but I did not get to meet him.