[sacredlandscapelist] Re:WREN/Sheldoniansundial

  • lwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 1999
      TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THE SACRED GEOMETRY IN THE PICTURE INTERACTING WITH
      LIGHT

      A while back we were discussing the Sheldonian designed by WREN . If you
      enter the search for ASHMOLEAN MUSEUM you should note the play of shadow
      and light of the "dial" post statues of various faces of philosophers
      thru time .
      It is quite clever of WREN to bury secrets right under our nose .
      Perhaps the concept was while looking up do not forget to look down and
      into the past . Like above so below .

      Would n't it be great for all the astronomers and those interested in
      sacred geometry to realize the secrets of WREN and GREENWICH Prior to
      the year 2000 celebration . It seems the basic concept of sundials is
      beyound the reach of the "experts " .

      In the Great Quad of All Souls College you can see a marvellous sundial,
      designed by Christopher
      Wren (1632-1723). Best remembered now as an architect - in Oxford he
      was responsible for the Sheldonian and the Tom Tower in Christ Church -
      Wren was also a mathematician and astronomer.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/sacredlandscapelist