[sacredlandscapelist] Re: Chris Witcmbe's Site (was: Did you OK this?)

  • Mike Bispham
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 1999
      Cat wrote:

      >Mike, perhaps if you take a look at what Witcombe has put together, you
      >may see why people such as myself (and Schama, and Barry, and others on
      >this list) think that feng shui et al (in their genuine sense, not the
      >new age derivations) are inded part of the big picture.

      I took a look Cat, and while I agree that the site is very useful in its
      exploration of the meaning of sacredness, I can't find anything there to
      help me understand why you feel feng shui and geomancy are crucially
      important aspects of our list. I haven't taken the time to search the
      site, but neither topic is even mentioned as far as I can see. I've got to
      be missing something here; show me how, explain to me why, point me to
      links that will enlighten me. I've (briefly) searched the web for info on
      both subjects, and have been unable to find more than superficial rubbish.
      And, to repeat, we've never discussed either of these topics on the list;
      why then are they so essential that they must be put on our faq, despite
      the obvious dangers?

      Puzzled

      Mike

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/sacredlandscapelist