Re: [sl] Chess, I Ching and 8x8 Magic Squares/ prayer cloth

  • Barry Carroll
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2002
      i don't remember where i got this
      cloth covered in auspicious signs.

      here are two items that appear to be
      magic squares.
      in the first one you can see most clearly
      that the characters follow regular patterns
      even if they are unreadable.

      i will look for someone to read them and
      report back if i am sucessful.

    • gphx
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2002
        Thanks for taking the time to scan that image.

        The upper 'looks' like a classic I Ching hexagram permutation table (albeit
        in a different language)
        but one can never be sure until one can read the words.

        The second, food for thought indeed!

        Darrin

        ----