Male vs Female Spirituality

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      Anyone have thoughts on the following questions that they
      would like to share?

      Differences between a religion based on the worship of a
      male deity vs one based on the worship of a female deity?

      If the goddess is returning to the west, what forms is she
      taking, are they christian or anti-christian?

      Is anyone on the list worshipping a female deity? Is it in
      revulsion to christianity or part of or reconcilable with a
      christian spirituality?

      Are there differences in temple architecture between a
      religion based on a male deity and one based on a female
      deity?

      What do you think of 'Todays New International Version' of
      the Bible that is supposed to be more gender neutral than
      the 'New International Version'? Were you aware that the
      New International Version has sold more than 150 million
      copies since it came out in 1971? Is this a good or a bad
      sign?

      Should we be striving for androgyny in our spiritual life?
      Asexuality? Celibacy? Sacred orgasmic tantric oneness?

      Inquiring minds want to know!

      Dan
    • db575us
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002
        In regards to the question concerning Christian Churches that support
        a Goddess principle --There is a Gnostic Christian Church founded by
        the renowned Psychic Sylvia Browne called Novus Spiritus that
        espouses the duality of God by affirming both a Mother and Father
        God."

        The exact number of gods is uncertain, but Novus accepts at least
        two: Om - the Father God, and Azna - the Mother God. Novus teaches
        that the Gods are paired male/female just like all of creation, and
        just like the Bible says in Genesis.

        Information on Novus can be found at:

        http://www.sylvia.org/home/aboutnovus.cfm