Re: [sl] Masonic 'Word'

  • mikebispham@cs.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
      danw@... writes:

      > Mike:
      >
      > You probably want an historical overview, but this web site
      > contains many of the secrets of freemasonry and the lost
      > word:
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/3164/index.htm

      Thanks Dan - interesting stuff.

      Mike
    • Alexandre
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 13, 2001

        Well , I have no idea how to start this issue, except that it will be
        easier if we use some notable pattern , like a magic square or regular
        polyhedrons ( octahedron, of course) to set up the complex elements in a
        unity composition.

        On the other hand, I feel the need to try to improve my poor English,
        and as I don't have any better idea then copying good texts, I found this
        other
        one from the book "The Universal Language of Cabalah" ( The Master Key to
        the God Consciousness) by William Eisen ( ISBN 0-87516 -613-X)

        pg. 12

        "IN 1986 PBS produce an exceptional television series called The story
        of English, which was moderated by Robert MacNeil. Here, the English
        language was shown to be an extraordinary tale of a language that came from
        literally nowhere to conquer the world. When Julius Caesar landed in Britain
        nearly 2,000 years ago, English did not exist, and even 500 years later
        Englisc was confined to only a few villages in England and northwestern
        Europe. Indeed, English was not even considered to be a valid language until
        Geoffrey Chaucer published The Canterbury Tales, in English, at the close of
        the 14th century. Yet today, as Rovert MacNeil so aptly puts it, "English is
        spoken by perhaps a billion people around the world, of whom 350 million -
        nearly one-tenth of the world's population - use it as their mother tongue.
        More widely scattered, more widely written and spoken than any other
        language in history, English has become a global phenomenon of our times."

        Now why is this so? What is the magic of the English language that
        enables it to have such a powerful influence on the inhabitants of planet
        Earth? The answer is - and the mathematics of the Cabalah will prove it to
        your full satisfaction - that the English language is a truly universal
        language because it produces from the laws of physics, harmony, and number
        (which are the same throughout the universe) a definition , in English, of
        the true meaning of that particular force or function. Therefore, the
        English Cabalah acts as the master key to the God Consciousness because the
        English words were designed by the God consciousness to enable mankind to
        better understand the nature of his Being. As amazing as these conclusions
        are on the surface, the reader can easily see for himself that such is
        the case, by simply studying the 154 illustrations and exercises in this
        present volume. Even though some might appear rather perplexing at first,
        they can be easily understood after a moderate amount of conscious
        effort.[ Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to put here the
        illustrations ]

        This present work is basically the outgrowth of a series of lectures the
        writer gave in 1986 and 1987 at the Philosophical Research Society in Los
        Angeles. Our most recent work , The Cabalah of Astrology, had just been
        published, and there was a demand for a more personal , in-depth discussion
        of how the studies of Cabalah and astrology interact with each other to an
        amazing degree. Manly P. Hall has an extensive collection of early
        Rosicrucian and alchemical manuscripts, and someone had asked if these
        documents too could be interpreted on the basis of the English Cabalah. I
        knew that some scholars had examine them on the basis of the Latin Cabalah
        with moderate success, but little did I suspect that the real key to their
        interpretation lay in the English Cabalah. In fact, the true meaning of the
        three Rosicrucian manifestoes published anonymously in 1614, 1615 and 1616
        could not be revealed until deciphered cabalistically through modern
        methods of interpretation (See Parts XII through XVI of this present
        volume). God works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform.

        With the discovery that these early 16th and 17th century documents were
        coded to the language of the 20th century ( at least 300 years prior to the
        present day), now have to take a new , hard look at what we have actually
        discovered. From what we can ascertain from the few examples presented here,
        it would seem that there is an unlimited opportunity for further research
        awaiting scholars in the libraries of the Earth. By means of the English
        Cabalah, the God Consciousness is giving mankind the opportunity to remove
        the veil from Isis, and who knows what mysteries lie behind the veil? (See
        the High Priestess, Tarot Key 2). The possibilities for a new expansion in
        consciousness are enormous.
        But the study of Cabala is not strictly limited to the English
        language - not by any means. In The Essence of the Cabalah, we pointed out
        that the overall concept of "THE" Cabalah (Tarot, Hebrew, English) is the
        single key that unlocks all the doors to a truly "Universal Understanding of
        the God Consciousness". The reason that we call it a universal understanding
        is that everything in life is mathematical. There is absolutely nothing in
        Nature that is not affected by definite numerical influences, and since all
        languages are made up of alphabets, we could theoretically at least
        construct a Cabalah out of any language with an alphabet.

        All action on all planes of consciousness, running the entire spectrum
        from the atom to the cosmos, is subject to distinct mathematical laws and
        cycles, and these laws cannot be changed because they are universal laws -
        laws that have been in existence since the very beginning of time, and which
        shall continue into the endless tomorrows to come. But mankind cannot be
        held in ignorance forever, and it is the purpose of the Cabalah to explain
        not only what these laws are, but also how they work.

        pg. 37

        On a Sunday morning in early 1987, a diagram very similar to this was
        on the blackboard in the main auditorium of the Philosophical Research
        Society in Los Angeles. The speaker for the day was Charles MacIntosh, a
        prominent structural engineer and a Trustee of the Society. I say the
        diagram was "similar"to Figure 12 because only the same numbers and dates
        were on the board, and not their cabalistic interpretation which we have now
        added. Macintosh is also a mathematician and he had made the following very
        brilliant observation pertaining to the expansion of man's consciousness
        over the past few thousand years, even going back to the very inception of
        our present civilization.

        It seems that we have made as much progress during the past 100 years,
        as we had made over the entire 1,000-years period that preceded it. And this
        applies on all levels of activity - physically, mentally , and
        scientifically. (We will leave out the word "spiritually"because that item
        is questionable. some even think we have gone backwards.) And man's progress
        over that 1,000-years period that preceded that one. In other words, the
        evolution of the consciousness of mankind seems to be progressing
        exponentially according to the powers of 10.

        To prove his point, MacIntosh charted his graph beginning with the
        present year (1987) , and then proceeded backwards and forwards from that
        date. The next step was to plot important events in the history of mankind
        (inventions, discoveries, etc.), and then the true significance of the chart
        begins to sink in. The four ages symbolized by the four elements ( earth,
        water, air, and fire) are very clearly in evidence. Just 100 years ago man
        didn't even know how to fly, and yet during this 100-year period he has even
        walked on the moon! Thus the period from 1887 to 1987 has been very clearly
        an "air"age. And we could say the same thing for the previous 1,000-year
        period, which was obviously an age of water. This was the period when man
        sailed the seven seas and explored the great oceans of the earth , as
        opposed to the previous 10,000-year period, the great B.C. years which are
        remembered principally by the construction of the pyramids, the great wall
        of china, and other things of an earthly nature.

        So far so good. But what, we might ask, will be the nature of the next
        cycle, which this time will last for only 10 years, covering the period from
        1987 to 1997? The four elements, according to the ancients, were earth ,
        water, air and fire. These correspond to the solid, liquid, gaseous, and
        energy states of matter. Thus, if all goes according to schedule, we should
        expect a tremendous breakthrough in the field of energy during this coming
        10-year period, and which would equal or exceed all that we had learned
        during the previous 100-cycle. A pretty good prediction, to say the least.

        Now let us look at the cabalistic aspects of the chart. we must remember
        that the only reason that MacIntosh chose to start with the year 1987 was
        because that was the present year. If he had given the lecture two years
        earlier, he would have begun with the year 1985, etc., with the cycles of
        the powers of 10 yielding substantially the same results. But the numbers
        themselves intrigued me. The year 1987, for example , transliterates into
        "S-HG", a combination of the chemical elements sulfur (S) and mercury ( HG).

        This is most unusual, since the early alchemists believed that the three
        elements of the philosophers' stone were salt, mercury, and sulfur. Salt
        stood for the body, mercury was the mind, and sulfur was the spirit. But
        mercury was also the universal solvent, the mental principle by which man's
        superior and inferior natures or bodies ( sulfur and mercury) could initiate
        a chain reaction enabling the body ( the salt of the earth) to be purified
        and transformed into spiritual gold. And the year 1987 did just that -
        combined sulfur (S) and mercury (Hg) together for the first time in almost
        2,000 years.

        Therefore, there must have been some higher authority that caused
        Charles MacIntosh to lecture on this particular subject in the year 1987,
        and not in any other year. But who and what is that higher authority? To
        find the answer, let us simply read the date that initiated this present
        5-term cycle of 11,111 years. This was the date he had on the blackboard -
        9113 B.C. , and it transliterates into "I AM". When Moses asked god for his
        real name, God said unto Moses, "I AM THAT I AM"( Exodus 3;14). And please
        note the chapter and verse the answer is given - 3:14, the first three
        digits of Pi !

        But we are not finished with our surprises. The concluding year of our
        present 10-year cycle is 1997, and it transliterates into "SIG", the
        abbreviation for signature. Whose signature? The answer is given in the
        final year representing 10^0 = 1. This is the year 1998, and it
        transliterates into "SIH" or "HIS" when read from the right to the left.
        Thus we learn that the final year of this 5-term cycle of the powers of 10
        is "HIS SIG" . ( His signature)", indicating that the great "I AM"has now
        signed the document, and the entire 11,111-year cycle will then be complete.

        One further comment: In the Chinese philosophy of Taoism, the number
        10,000 symbolizes totality 10^4, as opposed to the Tao itself which is 10^0
        =1. The English translation of the Tao is the "Way", which is the continuous
        reversion of everything back to its starting point. All being issues from
        the Tao and inevitably returns to it. It is the eternal transformation from
        Non-Being into Being and back to Non-Being, but the underlying unity is
        never lost. The alchemists referred to this first state as the azoth. It was
        also the universal remedy of Paracelsus, and, we hope, it will likewise
        prove to be the universal remedy for planet Earth. Therefore, in answer to
        the question of what we should expect in 1998, MacIntosh wouldn't even
        speculate on it. But after all is said and done, it will probably only mark
        the beginning of still anther 11,111-year cycle, for the title of his
        lecture was "Some Comments on the Course in Miracles."
      • Neil Fernandez
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 27, 2001
          In message <005a01c18420$dede1200$9646000a@alexandre>, Alexandre
          <weber@...> writes

          [...]

          > On the other hand, I feel the need to try to improve my poor English,
          >and as I don't have any better idea then copying good texts, I found this
          >other
          >one from the book "The Universal Language of Cabalah" ( The Master Key to
          >the God Consciousness) by William Eisen ( ISBN 0-87516 -613-X)
          >
          >pg. 12
          >
          > "IN 1986 PBS produce an exceptional television series called The story
          >of English, which was moderated by Robert MacNeil. Here, the English
          >language was shown to be an extraordinary tale of a language that came from
          >literally nowhere to conquer the world. When Julius Caesar landed in Britain
          >nearly 2,000 years ago, English did not exist, and even 500 years later
          >Englisc was confined to only a few villages in England and northwestern
          >Europe. Indeed, English was not even considered to be a valid language until
          >Geoffrey Chaucer published The Canterbury Tales, in English, at the close of
          >the 14th century. Yet today, as Rovert MacNeil so aptly puts it, "English is
          >spoken by perhaps a billion people around the world, of whom 350 million -
          >nearly one-tenth of the world's population - use it as their mother tongue.
          >More widely scattered, more widely written and spoken than any other
          >language in history, English has become a global phenomenon of our times."
          >
          > Now why is this so? What is the magic of the English language that
          >enables it to have such a powerful influence on the inhabitants of planet
          >Earth? The answer is - and the mathematics of the Cabalah will prove it to
          >your full satisfaction - that the English language is a truly universal
          >language because it produces from the laws of physics, harmony, and number
          >(which are the same throughout the universe) a definition , in English, of
          >the true meaning of that particular force or function.

          English is not a universal language, nor is Hebrew.

          [...]

          > But the study of Cabala is not strictly limited to the English
          >language - not by any means. In The Essence of the Cabalah, we pointed out
          >that the overall concept of "THE" Cabalah (Tarot, Hebrew, English) is the
          >single key that unlocks all the doors to a truly "Universal Understanding of
          >the God Consciousness".

          >The reason that we call it a universal understanding
          >is that everything in life is mathematical. There is absolutely nothing in
          >Nature that is not affected by definite numerical influences, and since all
          >languages are made up of alphabets,

          Coming in late to this, mainly to make the point that it is not true
          that all languages are made up of alphabets. That there is a possibility
          of confusion between language and written language need not be laboured
          upon, since the context is that of writing. But languages such as
          Chinese are written with ideograms not letters. I don't think it's
          useful to refer to the system of ideograms used in Chinese as an
          'alphabet'. I am not certain, but I would suggest that the first
          attempts at a sequential ordering were made in the computer age.

          What is an 'alphabet'? It's less than a letter system, because it
          doesn't for instance tell you which letter combinations are 'allowed' in
          a language and which are not (or more exactly, which combinations of
          letters correspond to 'allowed' combinations of phonemes and which do
          not). But it's more than a collection of letters. It's an ordered
          collection of the letters used in a written language. More than this, I
          think it should denote an ordered collection beginning with a,b, or one
          that is derived from such a collection or closely related to one. As far
          as I am aware - corrections welcome - the Futhark/Runic collection of
          letters has not been shown to derive from the system from which Hebrew,
          Greek, Latin, English, etc. derive.

          Neil
          --
          Neil Fernandez