Re: Hockney

  • Mermaid
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
      Greetings Mike and list:

      Mike wrote:
      >Art historians in a lovely fizz about Hockney's book : )

      >Below is the schedule and roster for the Hockney symposium at the New
      >York Institute for the Humanities this weekend:

      (Snipped for space)
      Hockney's book Secret Knowledge which, among other things, explores the
      use of camera obscura and camera lucida in art, is on my wish list. :)
      I couldn't find the New York Institute for the Humanities on the net -
      do you know if it is connected with a larger institution? Here's a
      little more info. re: Hockney's latest endeavor:

      http://www.specialtyarts.com/discuss-hockney.htm

      Regards,

      Mermaid
    • Mermaid
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
        Greetings,

        >> I couldn't find the New York Institute for the Humanities on the net
        -
        >> do you know if it is connected with a larger institution?

        >I'm afraid not, but if anything else comes up I'll keep you posted

        >Mike

        New York Institute for the Humanities is apparently at New York
        University. On the front page of the art section of the New York Times
        dated November 29th, there's an article titled "Old Masters Pursued By
        Artist Gumshoes" which talks about the Hockney conference. (It would be
        nice to know if tapes of the conference would be made available on
        request.)

        http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/29/arts/design/29OPTI.html

        Regards,

        mermaid