Re: [sl] YHWH

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2001
      My copy of Jacob Meyer's The Memorial Name Yahweh, pp11-12, gives some
      interesting information.

      From the Encyclopedia Judaica: The true pronunciation of the name
      Yahweh was never lost. Several early Greek writers of the Christian
      Church testify that the name was pronounced Yahweh. [Eusabius, Clement
      of Alexandria, Origen]

      Josephus testifies that he himself heard the Sacred Name being
      pronounced during his time.

      The fact may also be mentioned that in Samaritan poetry the
      tetragrammaton rimes with words similar in ending to Yahweh.

      Take it with a grain of salt, but that's what Jacob says.

      Dan W.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2001
        Mike wrote:

        > All great fun, but it doesn't tell me whether the early church fathers
        > associated the tetragrammaton with the tetractys! Are there any biblical
        > references to a musical god, a harmonising god? I must get a bible.
        >
        > Of course the prevalance of the number ten in the bible stories suggest both
        > a base-10 number system, and maybe recognition of the 'perfection' of the
        > number ten - and thus a linkage with the 1+2+3+4=10.
        >
        > Mike

        Hi, Mike:

        Very interesting stuff on Ea.

        From our YHWH discussions I got on to trying to figure out the proper
        way of chanting the Tetragrammaton, so I pulled down my copy of Don
        Tyson's Tetragrammaton. He has a passage relevant to the tetractys.

        p14 There is a numerological paradox in the structure of the
        tetragrammaton. Although it has 4 letters, two of these letters are the
        same. ... It is a name of four letters and a name of three letters.
        ... The relationship of 3 and 4 is the dynamic on which the world is
        constructed. ...

        The Greek sage Pythagoras graphically captured theis eternal marriage of
        3 and 4 in his famous tetractys, a triangel formed out of ten dots, with
        four dots for its base. For centuries occultists have used the Hebrew
        letters of IHVH in place of the dots, which lends the tetractys a much
        more intricate and organic aspect:

        H I
        V H I
        H V H I

        Unfortunately, he doesn't give any references for the centuries of
        occultists who have placed the great name on the tetractys.

        Myriah writes:

        The power of this word of God, pronounced yah-way, can only truly be
        experienced in secret silence. Meditating on this word produces effects
        and
        a vibration that can only be experienced, and never explained. Speaking
        this
        word silently before sleeping has brought about profound experiences for
        me.

        Always with Love,
        Myriah

        Hi, Myriah:

        Bunch of questions for you. How did you figure out that the
        pronunciation is Yah-way? Do you sing the name at all? If so what is
        the melody, what is the length of each syllable, where does the emphasis
        fall? Ever expand it out to four vowel sounds, and if so what are the
        sounds you use?

        Can you tell us a little more about the experiences you have had with
        the Name?

        Dan
      • Stephen J. Serva Dei
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2002
          The name YHWH is an onomatopoeia for 'breathing' - if you listen to a child
          when it is sleeping, you will hear it 'pronounce' the Name of God.

          The four consonants or Tetragrammatron each represent a breath:

          Yod - inhale
          He - exhale
          WaW - inhale
          He - Exhale

          When God imparted life to us, He gave us himself.

          Therefore every word you speak is composed of the Aleph (1)(God's) Beth
          (2)(House) and will reproduce itself according to your power of
          understanding.

          Abracadabra! says the magician and we are all 'magicians' because this word
          is a corruption of avracadavra - which means - "as I speak, I create." The
          power increases according to the understanding of the speaker and the
          receptivity (simple faith) of the listener.

          The whole system of Gematria is a structured whole, incredible in its
          design, not possible to be imitated in any way. The ancients recognised this
          and so it was recognised as coming from the deepest purest consciousness in
          Man - God.

          The name Hu-Man actually means God Mind, and Be-ing means in-activity.

          Each person is God Mind in activity and it is the responsibility for each
          person to awaken the unlimited potential within them (the 12 tribes) and
          direct this energy through the twelve faculties (12 apostles sitting on 12
          thrones) expressed through the I AM (Jesus)

          Each person that learns to do this will go through the process of Meta-noia
          (Change of mind, transformation) and will fulfil the promises described in
          the Book of Revelation.

          In Gematria, there are no loose ends, the "hairs of you head are already
          numbered" - because everything in the whole universe arose from the 1
          becoming 2 which created the 3 which manifests as the 4 as discussed in a

          In its simplest form, Aleph Beth is the 1-2, the twelve tribes, faculties,
          etc that are the potential of all things within each person.

          Furthermore, each Letter Yod He Waw He is ALSO a vowel, depending on its use
          (vowels represent inhalation or exhalation, while consonants represent
          sounds made with the teeth, lips, etc)

          Therefore, its not that ancient Hebrew had no 'vowels' it did, but the
          knowledge of how to use certain letters as vowels was lost.

          Namasthe
          Stephen