Re: [sacredlandscapelist] Megalithic Stone Rings

  • david seth melchert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2000
      Jim et al:

      I highly recommend the (out of print) book by Kieth Critchlow, Time Stands
      Still. It is a detailed exploration into the geometry and metrics of
      neolithic stone rings. They discovered a highly precise construction of two
      circles, one larger and one smaller, which combined create the egg and
      oblong shapes that typify these structures.

      Here is a quote:

      "...their ability to handle Pythagorean triplets cannot be doubted, as the
      evidence is concrete; the implications are, however, that such ability
      indicates a familiarity with:

      The number theory of Pythagorean triplets
      The geometry of right triangles
      the arithmetic of squares and roots of large squares
      The elements of trigonometry
      The number theory of sexagisimal expansion

      - and all this without algebra"

      The book is full - so full - of artifacts, iconography, astrology, geometry
      & platonic solids, and numerology from neolithicpeoples.