7667Re: [sl] textbook on archaeoastronomy

  • C G
    May 14, 2013
      Hi Dan, many belated congratulations on your retirement! When did that happen?

      Your paper sounds fascinating and I applaud your efforts to educate the rest of us about these obscure yet relevant pieces of the mystic puzzle. Can youshare the measurements with us (whether in millions of parasangs or whole units)? I am curious what the correspondences are.

      As for my prime project, I am just utterly fascinated by the way these numbers do not play nice with the human mind. You might be interested to know that I meditate on the gaps between primes. This is one of the few things that holds my focus these days: they defy order but still inspire a sense of underlying pattern -- maybe even a meta-order...they give hint to the order that higher, more conscious, levels of order are founded upon. I guess I overlay our interest in atomism on this list on to these atoms of the natural numbers. In this way, I meditate on the apparent order of prime numbers much as I previously meditated on the order of the cube (though I certainly haven't found any unbroken pattern to the primes!). So my interest in primes is partially an extension of my interest in the cube. The solitude of primes is quite breathtaking. At any rate, I would be grateful to learn the title of the book you mentioned.

      Cheers, Dan. Nice to hear from you again.

      I think there is a bit of magic left in this list yet...so thank you for that!