7653Re: lowest musical note in the universe

  • C G
    Jan 12, 2012
      Hey there, long time no hear. Good cheer.

      > Did you read about the new info re stonehenge?

      I remember hearing something about this but I didn't follow it closely.

      <snip>

      > The museum's Dr Richard Bevins said the find would help experts work out
      > how the stones were moved to Wiltshire."

      Yes, I remember now, I had heard that. I just didn't get any further than that. Has there been further discussion of the implications of the findings?

      > My own latest bright idea has to do with the continuity between heat
      > phenomena in spontaneous human combustion, Kundalini warmth in the spine,
      > and reports of warmth during laying on of hands spiritual healing.

      Interesting. Have you tried that form of spiritual healing? I am actually scheduled to attend my very first acupuncture session tomorrow morning. I've always wanted to do it but never got out. The last most exciting thing I tried medically was being pricked by many needles to check for allergies! haha

      > Chinese research has shown infra-red rays during projection of chi gung
      > energy. The new science of biphotonics shows light rays being emitted by
      > human organs and Mae-Wan Ho's new theory of acupuncture provides a
      > fruitful point of departure for research on these strange heat events.

      I'm curious now. Can you say more about what has brought you to your present interest in light energy? Have you always been interested in it? NOw that we are in the thick of winter here in Canada I am feeling light-deprived. But I did notice that the days are starting to stay light longer, if slightly.

      > American Journal of Complementary Medicine (in press)
      > Abstract:

      <snip>
      > It constitutes a "body consciousness"
      > working in tandem with the "brain consciousness" of the nervous system.

      Sounds nice. Hope it is true.

      I moved again, now living on the east coast. That makes for about 20 moves in 20 years.

      I am still researching prime numbers. Mainly in relation to squares and cubes. I know there isn't a pattern to primes but I am fascinated by the non-patterns. In that regard, I am interested in visualizing numbers or rather, visualizing relationships. That's my present form of light play, I think.

      For what it is worth, here is my section on crystals in my book on the cube:

      "6.9 THE CRYSTAL CUBE

      At this point in the narrative it is worth adding that there is one other possibility as to why the cube has come to be associated with the earth: some of the minerals found within the earth "flower" into cubes.

      The term crystal today conjures images of fine glassware but, in fact, glass is not crystal—not even crystal glass (which is actually lead glass whose lead refracts more light making it appear shinier than ordinary glass). Think of it this way: what do quartz crystals, ice crystals, and crystal glass all have in common? They all exhibit symmetric forms. Crystal glass is different because it is cut and shaped to appear this way but quartz crystals and ice crystals are true crystals with atomic or molecular structures that cause their flat surfaces to meet at regular angles. In other words, crystals are minerals that have grown into regular, geometric solids bounded by flat faces. Crystals are unusual since, in most cases, minerals grow into irregular, random shapes.

      Earlier, we looked at the gnomon. This is the shape in which a larger form can grow from, but still retain the proportions of, the original shape. Minerals grow in the same manner (yes, snow and ice are minerals, by definition). They start with a "unit cell" or "nuclei" and continue adding successive layers. How large the crystals grow depends on whether they have the right conditions to continue growing. In the case of glass, the thermodynamics of cooling overtakes the kinetics of crystallization and it is never given the chance to crystallize.

      The word crystal, from the Greek krystallos, means anything congealed by freezing, such as ice. This actually helps us to get at the heart of this term because both ice and quartz crystals "freeze" out of melted forms: the one from water and the other from magma or lava. In this way, magma and lava are really just the liquid forms of rock and crystallization may be thought of as the freezing of rock minerals. So the beautiful snow crystal, with hexagonal symmetry like a pattern in a kaleidoscope, takes its shape directly from the underlying crystalline pattern of ice molecules.

      Whereas ice is the frozen form of water, dry ice is the solidified form of carbon dioxide gas. (It is called dry because it does not have an in-between state such as water: when it heats up it just turns back into the gas—since it is never wet it is called dry). In dry ice the molecules of carbon dioxide group themselves into a cubical lattice, similar in structure to the steel girders of an office building. Similarly, in the case of rock salt (also known as halite), sodium atoms and chlorine atoms "stack" together in a way that makes a microscopic cube. This cubic structure continues to grow until your eyes can actually see a cubic crystal of salt.

      When minerals have the time and space within their surroundings to grow into their crystal forms, they grow to beautiful regular shapes that are easy to recognize. Some of the words commonly used to describe crystal forms include cubic, dendritic (branching, like the veins in a leaf), fibrous (like fibers or threads), and geode (spherical, rounded shape that is hollow inside, often lined with crystals).

      Other common cubic mineral crystals include pyrite, also known as Fool's Gold, and fluorite. If you have ever held a rock in your hand that has a small outcropping of cubic pyrite, I submit that you, too, could easily associate the cube with the earth where the pyrite originated. How else could a cube come to be stuck to a rock?!

      As a matter of fact, the molecular structure of diamonds is cubic (which is why cubic zirconia resembles it in appearance). The unique diamond cubic lattice is precisely what gives diamonds their characteristic hardness and strength. We know this because graphite contains the same carbon composition but its molecular form is structured differently. In effect, the carbon atoms in diamonds are stacking as tightly and efficiently together as their covalent bonds will permit.

      Sound familiar?

      Here we see the same attributes of the cube we have been looking at but now in the context of the material world: order, repetition, and stability. For this reason, the diamond may be considered the most valuable crystal cube."

      Hope you are well, too!

      Chris
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic