7449Re: [sl] Re: Just who do you think you are, Jesus?

  • vincent beall
    Oct 3, 2007
      Hi Ambrose,

      Could you give me a chapter and verse reference for:

      >The feast at which he sneaked up to Jerusalem is
      > mentioned in St. John's
      > Gospel ...

      Thanks in any case, I couldn't find it and it made me
      worry about multiple worlds theory...

      Sukkot is celebrated in September and Purim is
      celebrated sometime before Passover usually in March.

      Thanks in advance,

      --- Ambrose Hawk <ahawk@...> wrote:

      > I've not been following the thread lately but ...
      > one, the acclaim offered to Jesus on his entrance
      > was supposedly excited
      > by his resurrection of Lazarus, thus proving his
      > claim of Messianic
      > status in the eyes of the populace.
      > Two no tradition of which I'm aware segregates this
      > entrance from the
      > general celebrations connected with Passover ...
      > modern speculations
      > about this are exactly that and unsupported by
      > evidence.
      > Three, the conjunction of the "save us, son of
      > David" with the
      > politically charged atmosphere of the Passover
      > season fits as a
      > motivation to take extreme action by the
      > authorities.
      > The feast at which he sneaked up to Jerusalem is
      > mentioned in St. John's
      > Gospel ... and is not connected to the Lazarus event
      > nor to the
      > :Passion.
      > Ambrose
      > --