7424Re: The Twain Prayer

  • Dominick Carlucci
    Sep 1, 2007

      Personally, I prefer the famous "Patton Prayer", from the Battle of
      the Bulge:

      "Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy
      great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have
      had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken
      to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we
      may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and
      wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and

      The film had it pretty close, but for the true story of how the
      prayer came about, and what went with it, see:

      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "danw888" <danw@...>