7371Re: [sl] SL basic online suggestions? and finding places on vacation in the south.

    Jul 2, 2007
      Theresa wrote:

      >Good morning!
      >
      >I need some advice, please. We are going on a two week trip,
      >starting Monday, to Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ from SW MO. Dad and Mom
      >are going with me, and Dad's driving. He likes taking back roads
      >:-). I only know two other places where we're stopping - somewhere
      >around Amarillo TX, where he was stationed years ago when in the
      >Army, and possibly the Grand Canyon. I think Amarillo's as far south
      >as we're going, and then west from there - but one never knows with
      >my Father! :-D.

      Sorry, you are probably on your trip already. If not, google these
      items and see if you can persude Dad to stop to take a look:

      Canyon de Chelly National Monument in Arizona. Navajo think this is
      where the Holy Beings taught their people how to live.
      Antelope Canyon, Page, Arizona. Also in Page are Navajo Mountain and
      Lake Powell.

      In Texas try the Enchanted Rock State National Area.

      >Thousands of miles in a car equals good reading and writing time. I
      >can't really afford to get a book,

      Library?

      >and I likely won't have computer
      >and Internet access during the trip. I am trying to find some good
      >basic sites/pages that I can print off now and read later, preferably
      >in b&w. I've been to the lists main page, and printed the
      >explanation page, but I'm not sure where to go from there.
      >
      >The plans are to get up early and stop around 5-6 each night for
      >dinner and a place to sleep. I figured I could check the local phone
      >book to find any places of interest, but I don't know what to look under.
      >
      >I wish I could be more specific, but that's not possible, and I can't
      >promise to actually go anywhere I find. Ideas and suggestions would
      >be appreciated though!
      >
      >Thanks :-).
      >Theresa
      >
      >(headed back to lurking and learning now)

      Have fun, Theresa

      Dan

      >Gentlemen, I believe we have much to discuss.
      >(Robert Lansing as Control, the Equalizer, "Trial By Ordeal" )
      >

      >Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be found at:
      >http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
      >
      >To UNsubscribe, send email to:
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic