7369Re: 07-07-07

    Jul 1, 2007
      The larger issue surrounding repeating numbers is the subject of "signs". If you are not
      looking, the numbers are not speaking. In the field of plans and layouts, I love the
      symbolism that numbers afford since they are code for certain ideas. But in the world of
      dates and calendars I am much more sceptical.

      Time, numbers and events do tend to collide and become fused into one meaningful
      whole: witness the power of this date, 9/11.

      We owe the chronology of calendars dating back to 1 AD to Bede. Up until his
      Ecclesiastical History of England, time was reckoned according to the years of Roman
      emperors -- just as Japan still reckons time today (it uses both the western and traditional
      emperor dating systetms).

      As for repetition, this is a basic feature of ritual itself (which is where drama comes from,
      btw). Why do we "reenact" events such as New Year's every year? The older civilizations
      would perform their dramatic rituals thereby establishing the connection between the
      event and the date all over again. Re-creating the world in a fusion of literal (advance of
      spring), metaphorical (re-creation of the universe) and symbolic (re-establishing the order
      of the king) sense.

      In business today, I suspect the same trend is occuring: minutes capture what is done
      more than what is said. it is about the action more than the individual. You are the ritual
      you perform.

      It all hearkens back to basic Pythagoreanism and the fasciation with the decad. I doubt the
      following number would interest us:
      351465465141861465168435146546514186146516843514654651418614651684 (int
      his number 3514654651418614651684 is repeating three times). But if we find simple
      numbers repeating -- and we have an interest in looking for signs more generally -- then
      we might try to ascribe meaning to it.

      Question: what time do you notice on digital clocks the most?

      Chris

      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick Carlucci"
      <scorpio_eagle2002@...> wrote:

      > Dan,
      >
      > I don't think the 'dev' isn't winning anything - a very wise lady once
      > shared this concept with me:
      >
      > "If God is the Creator of all there is, and everything is under
      > His/Her/Its Divine Direction, then it stands to reason that Satan is
      > as well." Is she's right, then only God is real, and all else is
      > illusion. Indeed, as another wise woman likes to remind me:
      >
      > "Only Love exists - all else is illusion. Remember, wherever you are,
      > God is."
      >
      > Thoughts to ponder......
      >
      > Dominick
      >

      > --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "danw888" <danw@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick Carlucci"
      > > <scorpio_eagle2002@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dan,
      > > >
      > > > You wrote:
      > > >
      > > > "I'm waiting for 08-08-08, 888 being the number of Jesus by
      > > Gematria.
      > > > Is this the date of the SECOND COMING!!!??? Enquiring minds want
      > > to know!"
      > > >
      > > > This may very well be a possibility, but is it not written
      > > somewhere
      > > > that "No man knows the day nor the hour - not even the Son of man
      > > > knows. Only the Father in heaven..."
      > >
      > > Ahh, but that was said then, nobody knows at this point in time, but
      > > does that say that nobody will know? Maybe as the end times
      > > approach there will be a new revelation?
      > >

      > > > *G* Frankly, how many of us expected the "Second Coming" on
      > > > 12/31/1999? And what did we get? The Y2K fiasco! Maybe that was
      > > Divine
      > > > Retribution?
      > > >
      > > Wow, great concept. Y2K was retribution for our believing in the
      > > end of the millenium as the time of the 2nd comming. Love it.
      > >
      > > > And BTW - what happened (if anything) on 06-06-06? Isn't 666 the
      > > > Number of the Beast?
      > > >
      > > Yes, and you know, I can't remember that anything noteworthy
      > > happened. Probably a plot by the Beast to fool us into thinking
      > > that there is nothing going on.
      > >
      > > By the way, I am just kidding about all of this stuff!
      > >
      > > Saw Roman Polanski's occult thriller the Ninth Gate on TV the other
      > > night. Pretty awful movie -- boring. How can you have a movie
      > > where the devil is real but god isn't? I think the dev is winning
      > > the final battle these days.
      > >
      > > Dan
      > >
      > > > Dominick

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic