4225Re: historical metrology & chessboard of Europe

  • leexmiller
    Nov 2, 2003
      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, Chris <groups@g...> wrote:

      what Livio Stecchini has to say about . . .

      Greetings,

      Thanks for the interesting posting. Metrology would seem to offer a
      quite fertile field for exploration.

      An unusual take-off on this [and this URL mentions Stecchini], may be
      surfed at:
      http://www.consciousevolution.com/Rennes/chessboard.htm

      Can't say I agree with what is at this URL, but it does stimulate the
      grey matter a bit.

      Somehow, we may be missing the boat on a more universal math
      or 'metrology.' There seems to be persistant rumors about a 'cosmic
      math' that we have yet to discover and utilize. Perhaps our 3D/4D
      thinking gets in the way a bit, or . . . base 10 math may not be the
      mother of a greater system. We still have a lot of vestiges of the 12
      in our metrology. Some would contend that "12" should be reckoned:

      0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
      [the 'zero,' in this reckoning, representing the boundless potential
      from which the 1 manifests]

      Maybe we have a genetic memory of 'grids' somewhere in the deep
      recess of us that causes us to want to express or manifest this in
      our 3D/4D world [art, architecture, music, symbology, &c]. Such grids
      have appeared for centuries in our 'perennial world philosophy[ies].'

      Regards,
      Lee
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic