3022re: cubits, numbers & various links

  • CG
    Jun 1, 2002
      Barry and all,

      Thanks for finding and posting the info regarding your theory of the
      relationship of the cubit to the sides of a triangle. Very interesting and
      most elegant. Thanks Vincent for clarifying the exact angles the triangle
      would have to be for this to work out perfectly. I'm not sure how to take
      it, to be honest. It seems plausible but then there is still the measure of
      the arm to factor into the equation. Perhaps it is just one of those
      proportions that occur frequently in nature, in the body as well as in
      triangles? If so, I could see the overlap. Any further comments on the

      Things have been slow here these past few days so I thought I'd post a few
      links I found that may be of interest to other members. I know you in
      particular are interested in the number 108 but I recently found a nice
      synopsis of the lore surrounding the number 432.

      -The Cycle of Time Number 432 (including a synopsis of what Joseph Campbell
      wrote about this number)

      -432:Cosmic Key
      A compendium of fact, theory and speculation relating to the number 432, and
      its primary divisors and multiples - 108, 216, 864, 1296; and also the
      number 9 - being the sum of digits 4+3+2; with excursions into many other
      mysterious and exotic phenomena.

      I also know you are interested in Maya and South America. More of the same
      as regards precessional numbers (Hamlet's Mill) but still you might like to
      check it out:
      -The Numbers of the Universe and the Ancient Reckoning System of Mesoamerica

      For architecture geometry buffs like yourself here is an interesting take on
      a few "case studies" in architectural geometry.
      -Didactics: Proportions in the Architecture Curriculum

      From the same website that I listed above on the number 432 they offer
      "Symbolism and Spiritual Significance" of several other numbers. I have yet
      to fully comprehend the owner(s) of this website. It seems a bit cult-ish
      in that members are required to post their dreams (hence the site name) and
      then research material pertaining to the numbers that occur therein. I have
      noticed that they tend to copy and paste material indiscriminately from
      other websites but as a checklist of ideas to consider it serves a purpose.

      -"The Symbolism and Spiritual Significance of the Number Three"
      -"The Symbolism and Spiritual Significance of the Number Five"
      -"The Symbolism and Spiritual Significance of the Number Nine"
      -"The Symbolism and Spiritual Significance of the Number Eleven"
      -"The Symbolism and Spiritual Significance of the Number 72"
      -"The Symbolism and Spiritual Significance of the Number 153"

      This site offers many 360° panoramas of Jerusalem. Mostly Christian
      churches are shown but a few of the surrounding land might interest other