Sacramento Underwater Hockey Starts June 3rd and 6th

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I just wanted to let you know that we have had a great response to
      both dates, even though the polls may not reflect that, so we are
      planning on running both sessions, instead of just one or the other.

      Both of the events will be held at the Roseville Aquatics Center, as
      listed below:

      Saturday, June 3rd, from 10:00 AM - Noon

      Tuesday, June 6th, from 7:00 - 8:30 PM

      For both events, we ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the
      above listed times, so that you can check in, get changed, help
      remove the lane lines from the pool, etc.

      The pool is located one quarter mile south of the intersection of
      Pacific Grove and Woodcreek Oaks Blvds., on the west side of
      Woodcreek Oaks. The address is: 3051 Woodcreek Oaks Blvd. in
      Roseville.

      If you can make it to the Saturday event, that would be best, since
      we will have more time to go over gear adjustments, and because
      there will be a greater number of experienced players to assist in
      helping us teach you the personal skills needed for play, how to
      work as a team while underwater, and to play some hockey with them
      in the pool. There will be a number of national and international
      champions at this event, since we are asking for players from the SF
      Bay Area and Chico to come out to help us start up our local club on
      a decent footing. Plus, it is a great chance to meet some really
      nice people.

      We plan to go out to lunch after Saturday's training session, to
      discuss future meetings and play dates, or just to socialize with
      one another, since there is more time available on this day.

      Tuesday will also have some very experienced players in attendance
      as well, but the ratio of experienced to new players may be lower
      than on Saturday.

      We are hoping that some people may enjoy Saturday's session so much,
      that they may also decide to attend the following Tuesday session as
      well.

      Please feel free to encourage others to try the sport out. It
      really is great fun.

      I will be posting a reminder notice a couple of days before each
      event on this site.

      There is no fee to join the Sacramento Region Underwater Hockey Club.

      If you are interested in seeing the sport before coming out to play,
      please check out the on-line video footage available via the
      following link:

      http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=underwater+hockey

      See you at the pool soon.

      If you have any questions, please feel free to call me, or to send
      me an e-mail message.

      Best regards,

      Rob Kent
      (916) 434-8862