"National Neighborhood Night Out" is Tonight,. 8/3/10

  • Matthew Piner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
      DEAR MIDTOWN NEIGHBORS -
      This is the night that all America "Takes Back the Night" - we are all asked to go outside, hang out on the front porch, invite your neighbors to come out, have a barbecue and/or share a glass of (insert favorite beverage here) and just get to know each other. There are some organized events for this evening and we have had some organized events in the past - but this year we just ask that you get outside around 6-9pm, meet and greet your neighbors and just do what you can to enjoy the evening.
      NNO is based on the "Town Watch" program of neighbors looking out for one another, and includes getting to know our local police officers as well.

      Our recent (last week) neighbor's garage fire was a vivid reminder of how quickly disaster can strike and how important it is to get to know your neighbors as the most basic foundation of building community.

      Enjoy a beautiful day and evening,
      Matt Piner
      Midtown Neighborhood Assoc. (MNA Chair.
    • HUMARTS@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
        Thanks Matt,
        I appreciate your ever present community-mindedness.
        For sure I'll be participating tonight.
        David