Re: advice for various things for SAFDA

  • Daniel Clenton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      Just send an email to this address:

      sa-ultimate@yahoogroups.com

      On 1/08/2011 10:04 PM, Donna Nicholls wrote: How do I go about sending something to the SAFDA mailing list?

      On 1 August 2011 17:48, Daniel Clenton <tenk283@...> wrote:
      Hey Donna,

      Send it now. Never wait for anything when it comes to Ultimate, otherwise you'll be waiting until your hair goes gray.

      With regards to NUSL, you need to get in touch with Nigel from Tea Tree Gully Council. You have $2500 to spend from a grant SAFDA won fro NUSL. however, i'm controlling the purse strings in that regard. So Chris needs to prove to me the money will be well spent! Nigel did some advertising up there, need to redo that and just push getting the old players to come back! Its unfortunate that it has dropped off, however, the only reason for that will be a lack of growth and development. As soon as you slack off trying to get people involved, the numbers will decline.

      Regarding the SIG, you can start to fill out the application even if you don't submit it straight away. Atleast then when we are ready, its good to go with some minor tweaks, rather than having to write the thing from scratch!!!

      Keep me posted.  Any further questions you have, don't hesitate to ask!

      Cheers,
      Dan.

      On 31/07/2011 8:42 PM, Donna Nicholls wrote:
      Hey Dan,
      I need to get an email out about the coaching clinics and the AASC programmes. Do you think I should send one out now, or wait until after the meeting on Wednesday?
      Also, Northern Ultimate Social League is seeing numbers drop off pretty badly and I need to get an email out encouraging people to get back into it, because if we don't get some more support then it'll fizzle out. Chris Pilazzi is finding it a little discouraging to organise and run when we just don't get the numbers. Chris also wanted me to ask about a grant for NUSL.
      Just on the SIG, I can't really apply for it without getting some coaches trained and some programmes at least planned, so I really need to get a move on that, I guess.
      I guess I just wanted your advice and supervision while I make these first few moves in this role.
      thanks,
      Donna

    • Daniel Clenton