Avatar tire?

  • List
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 12, 2008
      Where could I get a replacement for my front Avatar tire?

      16 X 1 3/8; preferably about 100 psi....

      Carl
    • List
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 31, 2008
        Running Lights:

        > There was a rather unusual one (huge flashing yellow lights on the
        > seat rails) in the Ride of Silence in Columbus this spring.

        That was me....

        The lights aren't flashing, just bright-but-not-blinding.

        (Flashing lights can confuse or disorient drivers, and make it hard to
        judge your motion, size and distance.)

        They effectively tell people driving cars that you need the full lane....

        Amber in back, white like car headlights in front, extending on each
        side of the seat.

        They work day and night.

        I've never seen anything that makes road cycling so safe and
        comfortable.... (The even reduce driver impatience....)

        Let me know if you want one.... (Also available for regular bikes....)
        --------

        Columbus:

        I'd love to meet you Ohio people.

        I'm near downtown (Victorian Village) on a proposed Bike Boulevard....

        When can you all come?
        -----------

        Tires:

        The Avatar takes a smaller front tire than the Ryan.

        Ended up ordering Greenspeed Scorcher Kevlar 16x1.5 from hostelshoppe.com

        Thanks for everyone's suggestions....
        ------

        DC:

        I lived in Takoma DC, in the city's first green apartment building.

        Next to the Metro, which usually let me take the Ryan on board (except
        rush hours.)

        Looking forward to returning for Barack Obama's inauguration. (I saw him
        yesterday in Columbus.... I never saw politics as close in DC as in
        Ohio....)

        ---

        Carl

        (Running light system made and sold by LivingDayLites LLC. Patent Pending.)