Re: Recumbent Blog Quotes Dick Ryan

  • Richard Ryan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2008
      --- In ryanownersclub@yahoogroups.com, Robert Krzewinski
      <wolverbob@...> wrote:

      > On the January 23rd Recumbent Blog, the Ryan Owners Club page is
      highlighted, as well as an interview with Dick Ryan. It also shows the
      rare titanium Vanguard (does anyone know what happened to that bike?).
      The weblink is... http://www.recumbentblog.com/

      > Bob Krzewinski

      Bob,
      The titanium bike was built by our welder Tim Vaughn, who welded
      probably half the bikes we built. Tim is probably the best welder on
      the planet. There were four small bike manufacturers in Eugene Or.
      Burley, Bike Friday, Co-Motion and ourselves. Tim at one time or
      another welded for all the companies. He was generally disliked by his
      fellow welders because he could produce twice the output of anyone and
      the quality was always perfect. He could complete five Vanguard frames
      a day including all the brazed cable guides.
      Dick Ryan