Hash Trash 684

  • KHHH
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009

      KIGALI HASH HOUSE HARRIERS

      Next Hash is: 07/11/2009

      Where?  Kanombe

      Hares:  Rambo

      For detailed directions of next hash, check in box below!

      DON'T MISS IT!

      Last Hash was: 31/10/2009

      Hash Trash No 684

      Scribed by Dupondt

      I'm sad about the Kigali Hashers...  unfortunately, you scribe wasn't able to go to last week hash.  But no problems, somebody else will be able to describe the perfect trail and party given by Cool Chica just a couple of hours before her flight to the US...Well, nobody answered my inquiry.  I will let another week to every hasher that want to send their comments, and hopefully I will be able to give a very long Hash Trash with many commentaries.  This way, she will prove to her parents, who had a terrible impression of us at CowDung's Hash, that the KHHH is not only a bunch of drinkers but that we can also be nice.

      This weekend is our last hash before we welcome our fellow East African from Uganda, Kenya and, hopefully, Tanzania.  What better way to get ready to the big event than run/walk a Rambo trail.  Here is the formal invitation:

      Who: Rambo

      What: Flat, un-challenging, boring, done-before hash 3 minute's walk from your home - NOT!

      Where: behind the airport runway

      When: CARAVAN -- please, I repeat CARAVAN -- from Chez Lando at 1500

      Why:  Because hashing is the highest peak of bliss one can attain while inhabiting this earth

      HOW:

      We are heading to Kanombe, about a 15-minute drive from the caravan rendezvous point at Chez Lando. The hare will NOT be at Chez Lando to give directions. The hare will be at the start setting the trail. So.... print these directions out in advance and have them with you on Saturday afternoon.

      Plan on leaving Chez Lando at 1515 -- or as close to that as you can manage. If it has been raining, arrange your caravan so there is at least one 4 wheel drive vehicle at the front and one at the back. The former shows the way, the latter can provide any necessary assistance.

      From Chez Lando, head to the airport on the main airport road. Drive past entrance to the airport.. Continue on the paved road to the point where it turns into potholed unimproved dirt road. Drive on THIS road for 4.2 km from the point that the road becomes dirt.

      At the 4.2 (or 4.3 depending on your vehicle) kilometer point, the road curves LEFT with a turn-off to the right. You will know you are at the appropriate spot because you will see a school complex about 100 meters away on the RIGHT, at this fork in the road. The street lights will curve sharply left, following the road you had been on. You will take the smaller RIGHT hand fork here. Follow this right hand fork road, and drive along this road for 1.4 kilometers.

      You will see a new, cement water point on the left and a small blue sign with white letters in the middle of the road, with an arrow pointing left. Do not follow the arrow! Take the RIGHT fork at this point. Continue on this dirt trail for 0.8 kilometers, always driving straight ahead. Do not be deterred by the narrowing of the road -- it widens out again.

      Where it widens out, you will see a fence on your right front, with barbed wire on the top on one side.

      This is the start!

      Tubeless will be bringing the (warm) drinks. If any of you have coolers at your homes that belong to the hash, please get them to him within the next few days.

      On On,

      Rambo

      So remember, meet at Chez Lando at 3h00, at 3h15, we leave...be there!!!

      Don't forget that the next  weekend of November will be the East Africa invasion of Rwanda in Ruhengeri.  Here is the cost for Rwandese hashers:

      Friday night party at Trendy Guy's house: 2500 FRW

      Hash (including dinner and plenty of beer): 5500 FRW

      Supper in Ruhengeri (with party after): 3000 FRW

      Hotel in Ruhengeri (the selected one for EastAfrica hashers): 8500 FRW

      Very hot T-shirt: 3500 FRW

      So basically, you take what you want and the price varies accordingly.  Please sign-up fast!!!

             DON 'T YOU DARE MISS IT!

      Sms hash to 123.:  Meet at 3h at Chez Lando.  The caravan leaves at 3h15 sharp!!!

      UPCOMING HASHES

      Date

      Run

      Location

      Time

      Hare

      Bar

      Trail

      Direction

      07.11.09

      685

      Kanombe

      In 15h00

      Out 15h15

      Rambo

      You think Rambo will take us in a bar???

      Hill-less Hash from Hell

      Meet at Chez Lando at 3hPM, the convoy leaves at 3h15

      13.11.09- 15.11.09

      686

      Ruhengeri

      Alley Cat and Tubeless

      Primus Roadshow truck

      Huge

      2nd Annual East African invasion of Rwanda

      21.11.09

      687

      TBA

      In 15h30

      Out 16h00

      Fake Black Ass

      TBA

      Scenic

      Out-of-town beautiful hash

      28.11.09

      688

      TBA

      In 15h30

      Out 16h00

      Ganja Planter

      TBA

      Alcoholic and Not-toothless anymore

      Beer Bitch's Hash

      05.12.09

      689

      Nyagatare

      Footloose

      TBA

      Rwandan support

      Road trip to support the Umatara HHH

      12.12.09

      690

      Kiyovu

      In 15h30

      Out 16h00

      Fresh Meat

      Nakumatt

      Underage

      Finally, the infamous Nakumatt Hash!!!

      19.12.09

      691

      TBA

      In 15h30

      Out 16h00

      Amazing Grace

      TBA

      Mutzig-esque

      No more

      26.12.09

      692

      TBA

      In 15h30

      Out 16h00

      TBA

      TBA

      Cheap

      Boxing Day Hash

      02.01.10

      693

      TBA

      In 15h30

      Out 16h00

      TBA

      TBA

      Happy New Year

      Start of a new decade Hash

      09.01.10

      694

      TBA

      In 15h30

      Out 16h00

      Sylvie

      TBA

      Sexy

      Let's party!!!

       TBA : To Be Announced

      Note

      NOTE: YOU TOO CAN HOST A HASH! AT YOUR HOUSE!

       SO, WHAT IS THE HASH? AND WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

      Kigali Hash House Harriers is a group of Rwandans and expats, including men and women of all ages, that meet every Saturday to get some exercise, visit various corners of Kigali and Rwanda , and enjoy post exercise refreshment and the company of others.

      We have groups for both runners and walkers. If the weekly event is in Kigali , our normal meeting time is 3:30 pm for a 4:00 out. If the Hash is outside of Kigali , times may change. The weekly fee is 2000 francs per person which covers water, sodas, and beers (and if you're very well behaved - post hash brochettes).

      SO BASICALLY, WE ARE A BUNCH OF DRINKERS WITH A RUNNING AND WALKING PROBLEM! Yeah, that is how you can call us!

      Please contact any of the following members of the Hash Committee if you have questions about the Hash:

      HASH COMMITTEE

      Title

      Name

      Hash Name