Towpath Run on Saturday at 8 am - Grove 5

  • Ray Petit
    Message 1 of 58 , Jun 30, 2011

        Join us for our weekly towpath run on Saturday morning.  We meet at 8 am at Grove 5.

       Weather on Saturday in Johnson Park Its’ a beautiful day. Its’ going to be sunny with a high in the mid 80s. Nice.

         Directions to Grove 5:

      http://maps. google.com/ maps/ms?ie= UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=10479327358976 0506069.00044c18 7eebc6d479711&z=15

       If by chance Grove 5 is closed, the backup meeting spot is the Tennis Courts parking lot.

      rooster crowing

      Early Morning Run

       Join some of us for early morning run at about a 9:30 pace. We will start at 7 am and get 5 miles in before we come back for the official start at 8am. Anyone is welcomed to join us. No invitation needed. You can be eating breakfast at the diner at 9:15am, with 10 miles under your belt.

    • Chris Lehman
      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 5, 2012
        John is right. The detour is so simple I forgot all about it and didn't think of the path as being closed.
        Going out from the Grove 5, just before the fence take the left onto the pedestrian bridge and cross the canal, turn right and follow the gravel path, turn right on the road bridge and then left back on the towpath.