Fwd: Unique Marathon Training Vacation - SPECIAL CLUB OFFER for Raritan Valley Road Runners

  • thinnmann@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2004
      This is sorta spamish - but i was thinking you never know if somebody is looking for something like this.

      From: "Kim Taffer"
      Subject: Unique Marathon Training Vacation - SPECIAL CLUB OFFER for Raritan Valley Road Runners
      Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:21:07 -0700

      I wanted to pass on a special offer for the Raritan Valley Road Runners . I would appreciate your forwarding the details to your club members.  Thanks. -Kim

      Join Breakaway, a new coaching-and-travel company, on a destination marathon training vacation!

      The concept is unique: Participants learn all aspects of marathon training while relaxing at and exploring a luxury destination.  Read the description below or check our website for more information at www.breakawaytraining.com.

      During a Breakaway training vacation, expert coaches will instruct you on everything from proper running form and heart rate training to nutrition and injury prevention. You will learn to tackle hills and practice your pacing during a 5k run.  Instruction is not limited to running. Participants will also learn the importance strength training, stretching, and cross training.

      During one-on-one sessions with the coaches, each participant will receive a personalized training schedule, including target pace for long runs, speed workout recommendations and suggested races to participate in while preparing for your marathon.

      Coaching support does not end after the trip.  Through email communication, coaches will provide training support, refine personalized training schedules as needed and answer any marathon questions. They will coach each participant until he or she crosses the finish line.

      Just as marathons are for every age and ability, so, too, are our trips.  You need not worry about matching any other participant's speed - we are here to ensure that each participant receives a supportive and responsive experience.  In addition to our open-enrollment trips, we are excited to be developing some weeks specializing in certain subsets of marathon interests.  Our first such trip is geared specifically to women 40 and over, and it is scheduled for November in Sonoma, CA.  Additional details are available at www.breakawaytraining.com/training/sonoma.

      A Breakaway trip is more than a training week; it is a vacation, too - one that includes all the perks of luxury travel. You will stay at a top-rated resort that offers unique surroundings, lavish accommodations and delicious cuisine.  Then, you choose how to spend your downtime - see the sights, enjoy a spa treatment, hike through the countryside, relax by the pool, or golf at a top-rated course.  Spouses and significant others are encouraged to come along - there is plenty for them to enjoy at each of the selected destination.

      Our fall training vacations are headed to Enchantment Resort in Sedona, AZ, The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa in the California Wine Country, and Casa Madrona in Sausalito, CA.  We look forward to adding other exciting destinations in 2005.  Learn more about the fall 2004 training vacations at www.breakawaytraining.com/training.

      Running club offer.  We are pleased to offer two incentive plans to your Club members, one for the individual and the other for a group:

      • Gather a group of 10 runners and the 11th goes for FREE.  The discount, based on the specific trip cost, can be shared by each of the group members or it can be used to pay the way for the motivated individual who assembled the group.  You choose.  Your group can join an already-organized training vacation or we would be happy to develop a custom trip specifically for you.  This program specifically applies to runners participating in the marathon-training program.
      • If you are not able to gather a group of 11 club members, you can take advantage of the FREE race entry discount.  You tell us which race you are training for, and we will deduct that registration fee from your trip cost.  For example, the Chicago Marathon registration fee is $80.  Once you register for this target race, we will deduct the $80 fee from the cost of your Breakaway training vacation.

      What better incentive do you need to train for a marathon while relaxing at a luxury destination?

      About the Breakaway Team

      Founder Kim Taffer´┐Żs lifelong interest in sports turned into a passion when she laced up for her first marathon - the Chicago Marathon - in 1996. A few years later she added cycling and swimming to the training schedule and began competing in triathlons.  Through her own training experiences, Kim knows first hand what one-on-one and group coaching does for performance.

      As a consultant for a top firm and a business school student with limited leisure opportunities, Kim made the most of her free time by planning active vacations.  Through her experiences, she realized that few companies existed to meet the needs of the athletic traveler. And that no one balanced rigorous endurance training with R&R in luxury destinations. So in 2003 Kim packed up her day job with a new finish line in sight. She merged her passion for sports and travel with her business acumen to found Breakaway Performance, an organization as committed to expert training as it is to great destinations.

      Head Coach Mindy Solkin has coached thousands of runners over the past ten years, helping them achieve their goals, whether it is running their first mile or pursuing a personal best in the marathon.  Mindy is the owner and head coach of The Running Center in New York City.  Previously, she created and served as the Head Coach for the Leukemia-Lymphoma Society's Team In Training marathon program in New York City as well as the running program at Reebok Sports Club/NY.

      Mindy has been a runner for over 20 years, competing in over 100 races from distances of one mile to the marathon, and is a frequent age-group award winner. Her passion for the sport of running and her compassion for her runners are exemplified in all aspects of what she brings to the Breakaway training vacations.

      To learn more about Breakaway destination training vacations, visit us at www.breakawaytraining.com.  You can also contact us with specific questions at info@... or 415.332.1533.

      Do you Yahoo!?