INJURIES REVEALED: Doctor dragged from United flight suffered concussion and broken nose, lawyer says

  • valledecalle
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 13
      Oh my land!

      United and those Cops are in big trouble.

      Why?

      Doctor dragged from United Express flight suffered concussion and broken nose and lost two front teeth, his attorney says at a news conference.

      http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/13/united-incident-added-to-long-list-passenger-complaints.html

      For more news, please go to FoxNews.com and watch Fox News Channel.

      More Newsletters | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

      ©2017 Fox News Network, LLC. 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, 10036. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy.

      Fox News never sends unsolicited email. You received this email because you requested a subscription to Breaking Alerts from FoxNews.com.

    • Nick Munoz
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 13
        When asked to leave he should have complied. I have no sympathy for him.

        Nick
        Mean old man

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 13, 2017, at 8:57 AM, valledecalle@... [RVbasics] <RVbasics@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Oh my land!

        United and those Cops are in big trouble.

        Why?

        Doctor dragged from United Express flight suffered concussion and broken nose and lost two front teeth, his attorney says at a news conference.

        http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/13/united-incident-added-to-long-list-passenger-complaints.html

        For more news, please go to FoxNews.com and watch Fox News Channel.

        More Newsletters | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

        ©2017 Fox News Network, LLC. 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, 10036. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy.

        Fox News never sends unsolicited email. You received this email because you requested a subscription to Breaking Alerts from FoxNews.com.

      • Raptor Tools
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 13
          I believe that the Airlines has to develop a system in which they know they will have accommodations for Pilots and crews that need to get from one airport to another. Even if this means leaving 3 or 4 seats vacant on each and every flight. I can empathize with this man. I was caught in a blizzard that eventually shut Denver down for 4 days. Before it became too bad to drive in, I called the airlines (United) and was assured that if I made it to the airport, there would be room for me on a Jet. I arrived there only to be told that they had over booked by 6 people. I was outraged but there was nothing I could do. I had to go back and re-rent a vehicle, drive back to my hotel in Denver and was lucky enough to make it. So when I see this, it makes me wonder why they are allowed to do this on a continuous basis.

          • Sincerely;
          • Ed
          On Thursday, April 13, 2017, 4:13:41 PM EDT, Nick Munoz nmunozjr@... [RVbasics] <RVbasics@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          When asked to leave he should have complied. I have no sympathy for him.

          Nick
          Mean old man

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Apr 13, 2017, at 8:57 AM, valledecalle@... [RVbasics] <RVbasics@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Oh my land!

          United and those Cops are in big trouble.

          Why?

          Doctor dragged from United Express flight suffered concussion and broken nose and lost two front teeth, his attorney says at a news conference.

          http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/13/united-incident-added-to-long-list-passenger-complaints.html

          For more news, please go to FoxNews.com and watch Fox News Channel.

          More Newsletters | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

          ©2017 Fox News Network, LLC. 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, 10036. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy.

          Fox News never sends unsolicited email. You received this email because you requested a subscription to Breaking Alerts from FoxNews.com.alt

        • valledecalle

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 13
              The man bought tickets and paid for them. He and his wife passed through security and were in their seats on the airplane when United decided to kick them off so they could haul non-revenue employees of another airline. Instead of making an offer which none of the passengers wanted to accept, they picked out these little old people to abuse.

              If United wanted to give those four non-revenue people rides, they should have called up a local air charter service and paid for their 300 mile ride which would have cost less than what they had offered.

              Then they called on three big rent-a-cops to do the dirty work for them and in their enthusiasm they seriously injured the man. Ii hope there are lots of zeros in the settlement.

              Jim Foreman

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 13
                I agree Jim, I hope they pay through the nose!

                • Sincerely;
                • Ed
                On Thursday, April 13, 2017, 5:02:54 PM EDT, Jim Foreman jimfore28@... [RVbasics] <RVbasics@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

              • Beverley Fitch
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 13

                  I agree he could have just complied.  How did they determine he was the one to ask to leave in the first place. Why couldn't

                  they ask others to leave?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 13
                    They should not ask anyone to leave the plane. The practice of kicking people off of flights so they can accommodate theirs and others crews, is ridiculous.

                    • Sincerely;
                    • Ed

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 13
                      They looked and found the last four who purchased tickets.

                      So if you go in and buy a car, pay for it and start to take it home and then they decide someone else needs or wants it, it is okay?

                      Why not board their employees first, then board according to who paid first?

                      They boarded and then removed.

                      Sorry folks but Britain now refuses 50,000 paid passengers a year. So is that okay?

                      Perhaps all of those who pay and have meetings or a mother dying or a final to take should continue to be removed!

                      This goes much deeper than this, it is a company policy gone bad.

                      I have been in customer service my whole life, since the 1st grade!

                      When a company over books and you allow it, someday you are going to need that flight, and they will remove you.

                      I haven't flown for years.

                      Don't any of you remember when flying was fun, good service, happy employees, etc?

                      Well it is an over bloated Government supported subsidized industry.

                      Getting there two hours early, the TSA's, baggage problems, parking etc.

                      And now they over book too much.
                      We get what we accept, and we deserve it. Told my older sons one time in KCMO when an employee would not check on a food item.
                      We simply left, told them someday you guys will be old men, in a nursing home and you will need a bed pan, and some sweet young thing will be too busy, texting, talking or on a computer.
                      And you will mess the bed.

                      So either hold the standards high or watch the service industry go down hill.
                      We are there.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 13
                        Jim,

                        Thanks, and I hope they lose business like "Huge", they have been abusing passengers for years.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 13
                          Thru the years, I have had nothing but RUDE and Discourteous Service and Attitude from UNITED AIRLINES EMPLOYEES.
                          I Have Refused to Fly that Airline since 1991.

                          God Bless Y'all
                          H Poley Bahr

                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 13

                            Some reporter needs to do an in depth story on this kind of business.

                            All of them do it. Like I said, board airline personal first, then board others.

                            So we're these United or an other airlines employees?

                            So Ed you know just exactly how I feel?

                            So if someone misses their flight and they did not cancel do they lose their money? Now an illness should count, but just missing should not mean a refund!

                            So they just make all of this extra money on over booking and then pay out twice the ticket cost?

                            Ed how did they handle your over booked flight?

                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 13
                              Mine happened in the 80's.
                              Lose my luggage.
                              Pull us all off a flight in Chicago, no luggage fly us into a different DC airport, what a night mare.
                              And they wouldn't let us take carry ones.
                              No food no lodging, long lines etc.
                              Or cancelled flights, spilled food and beverages.
                              New red linen suit ruined.
                              A joke.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 13
                                    I've heard two stories on this and I think that last to buy is first to leave.

                                    Nick
                                    No desire to fly

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 13
                                      I would fly only if necessary as who needs the hassle. The point to me is that this nut should have complied with the request and sued later, etc.

                                      As I understand it the airlines provide info indicating that you could be bumped.  Don't like the rules then don't fly.

                                      Nick

                                      Sent from my iPhone