Hitchhiker

  • DocDon2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2003
      I think I found a new favorite Neil song, just heard it on RustRadio from a
      recent Berlin concert. Hitchhiker I had heard before, but only a partial
      version. What a great traveling song, traveling a metaphorical journey of Neil's
      life, and with a sweet tune.

      docdon
      sleeps with pocahontas

    • rustedmort
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 22, 2017
        Hello Rubies in the Rust,

        Sure looks like Hitchhiker is about to arrive after these oh so many years.  This is bound to be more than monumental:

        http://garyburdenforrtwerk.com/2017/04/neil-young-hitchhiker/

        RUSTspectfully,

        Mort IV

      • Ron Yaxley
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 23, 2017
          Great cover photo, I wonder what's on it?

          In addition to Hitchhiker and the two upcoming ORS box set re-releases, Spin CDs website in the UK is showing an April 28th release of four 80s Geffen albums : Landing On Water, Trans, Old Ways

          and Life .....tho' it doesn't specify if they are remasters or part of the ORS re-releases. Cost is £20.

          Also listed is one of these FM radio program releases, Bottom Line 1974 at £8.99.

          Ron

        • rustedmort
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 23, 2017
            Ron, hopefully it is what He describes in chapter twenty-seven of "Special Deluxe".  Nine solo acoustic songs recorded in a single, late-night session at Indigo Ranch Studios with Briggs at the helm of recording this session.

            It's a new day for music,

            Mort IV
          • babbo73

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 24, 2017
                Been seeing some chat out there on this.
                One from Hoffman's Forum says:

                A quote that apparently goes with it is:

                "One night, Mr. Briggs and I jumped into Stretch and headed for his favorite place, Indigo Ranch Studios. I spent the night there with David and recorded nine solo acoustic songs, completing a tape I called 'Hitchhiker'. It was a complete piece, although I was pretty stony on it, and you can hear it in my performances. Dean Stockwell, my friend and a great actor who I later worked with on 'Human Highway' as a co-director, was with us that night, sitting in the room with me as I laid down all of the songs in a row, pausing only for weed, beer, or cocaine. Briggs was in the control room, mixing live on his favorite console." ~ Neil Young

                Paul B
                cuts clean thru
              • paul bronstein
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 25, 2017
                  The cover shot has been pulled down from the Gary Burden site.  Who knows what that means.  Certainly got the juices flowing.

                  I see from other places that have listed possible tracks recorded at Indigo Ranch over this 1975-1976 time period.

                  A better bet for what the tracks will be selected from:

                  Hitchhiker
                  Pocahontas
                  Powderfinger
                  Will To Love (the overdubs only were done at Indigo, so maybe scratch this)
                  Ride My Llama
                  Hold Back The Tears
                  Captain Kennedy
                  Too Far Gone w/Sampedro
                  Campaigner
                  Stringman
                  Mediterranean

                  Some of the above is from Omar? ra7968?  LRR?
                  Just trying to give some credit as best I can where due but wanted rust list to see.

                  Paul B
                  cuts clean thru
                • Leo Echavarria
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 26, 2017
                    I caught the first five ever hitchhikers in June 1992

                    Sent from my iPhone
                  • rustedmort
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 26, 2017
                    • Tom
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 11, 2017

                        This showed up on a Relix e mail.  It may have started on Jambands

                        Neil Young will dig into his vault to finally share the previously unreleased album Hitchhiker on August 4. The live acoustic collection was originally recorded by Young solo at Malibu, CA’s Indigo Studios on August 11, 1976.

                        Most of Hitchhiker‘s tracks eventually made their way onto later records, though the effort does include two previously unreleased tracks, “Hawaii” and “Give Me Strength.”

                        See the full tracklist below.

                        Hitchhiker Tracklist

                        1. Pocahontas
                        2. Powderfinger
                        3. Captain Kennedy
                        4. Hawaii
                        5. Give Me Strength
                        6. Ride My Llama
                        7. Hitchhiker
                        8. Campaigner
                        9. Human Highway
                        10. The Old Country Waltz

                        Read more: http://www.jambands.com/news/2017/07/10/neil-young-to-release-long-lost-hitchhiker-album-from-vault/?utm_source=Relix+Daily&utm_campaign=b1f28f4bbd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_07_11&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_486e6e4b54-b1f28f4bbd-25600621&mc_cid=b1f28f4bbd&mc_eid=464d6a697b#ixzz4mXWSaoEH

                        searchin for the strength
                        tom