UNCUT (August 2012)

  • Sharry Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2012
      I was finally able to purchase a copy of UNCUT (August 2012). In the Neil interview by Jaan Uhelszki. Jonathan Demme is quoted on p. 43. His comments grabbed my attention. (For obvious reasons.)

      "Before Neil had the aneurysm [in 2005], in told me he used to feel like a giant, and now he feels like a leaf in the stream," says film director Jonathan Demme, a regular Young collaborator. "It's something that you see in people who arrive at moment in their life, often by having a car wreck becaue they were driving drunk, or who have a horrendous drug overdose experience but survive. It's called the 'Lucky To Be Alive Club'. We know people like that, people who just like change. It was a giant watershed moment. It's allowed him to take bigger risks."

      (I apologize if this has been mentioned already. I'm still playing catch-up. :) )

      I have a lot of great reading material at the moment -- the rest of the UNCUT, plus the most recent issue of "Broken Arrow," which I just received in the mail yesterday. Looks like another excellent issue as usual.

      I remember a few people posting that they enjoyed listening to the CD that came with the August UNCUT -- "For the Turnstiles." One of the songs that I really liked right off the bat was "I Bought My Eyes" by the Ty Segall Band. I've been listening to "For the Turnstiles' in my car during the past few days.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAXONGchVtc

      Sharry (Up in T.O. keepin' jive alive)