and the December 2011 Rustie of the Month is...

  • bob ballerstein
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
      Congratulations to Cosmo on his selection as Dec Rustie of the Month!

    • julesalexgray
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
        --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "bob ballerstein" <helpless@...> wrote:

        > Congratulations to Cosmo on his selection as Dec Rustie of the Month!

        Nice one, Cosmo! Much respect!

        Jules
        "I held the table for eleven games"
      • kaz
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
          Congratulations Cosmo! King Cosmo! :)
        • Tom Barrett
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
            Congratulations, Cosmo!

            ________________________________
            > Congratulations to Cosmo on his selection as Dec Rustie of the Month!

            Nice one, Cosmo!  Much respect!

            Jules
            "I held the table for eleven games"

          • LoveAndOnlyLove
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
              Congratulations King Cosmo from The House of Love & Dance! A very well deserved honour that's long overdue... long may you reign! Watch out for those waffle-beams & Butter-balls... the celebration might get a bit messy. ;)

              Peace and love,
              Ron
              Love And Only Love

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
                congrats cosmo! and wha?!? how is it that cosmo has not ever been ROTM?! that's crazy. crazy! cosmo was one of the first rusties i ever met, on (what was to me then) a very scary first trip alone to portland, oregon for greendale back in 2005. some of you may remember that story from my long long letters here long ago -- i stood outside of a (crowded, hazy) bar in the freezing cold for a very long time, under a sign with a neon margarita as big as the moon, wondering if i should go in or not. it seemed so scary, back then. i finally went in, and it was cosmo who said, to my shaking self, from across the bar, "karen?" ... thanks, friend, for bringing me in. all i ever wanted was to come in from the cold. joni mitchell said that. somethin' like that. um . . . leave it to me to make cosmo's special day about me? what the hell! this isn't about me, cosmo, it's about you you you and yours. thanks for the warm welcome to the rust list, friend, and congratulations on being the king! spin the record round. it's magick, magick! (ryan adams said that. something like that...)
                lovekaren
                alittleloveandaffectionwillmaketheworldabetterplace

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
                  --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "karen" <karenbarry@...> wrote:

                  > how is it that cosmo has not ever been ROTM?! that's crazy.
                  > crazy! cosmo was one of the first rusties i ever met

                  The same thought occured to me about how come it's taken so long.

                  And Cosmo was one of the first Rusties I met too - over in Saratoga Springs, 2001. Over a decade ago now. Time fades away....

                  Jules
                  "I held the table for eleven games"
                • Wanda Cook
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
                    Many congrats King Cosmo, crownONhead!

                    Wanda
                    casualize your mind
                  • clark8114@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
                      congrats COSMO!

                      Question: I love Mazz and he has done a lot for me. But, can someone be a
                      ROTM if they are a member
                      of the RUST LIST?

                      press 1 for english-jack/icy sky at night
                      press 2 for spanish-jack/cielo helado en la noche
                      press 3 for french-jackj/ciel glacial la nuit
                      press 4 for dutch-jack/ijzige hemel bij nacht
                      press 5 for german-jack/eisiger himmel nachts
                      press 6 for itilain-jack/cielo ghiacciato alla notte
                      press 7 for irish-jack/spéir na hoíche oighreata
                      press 8 for carmelina/http://facebook.com/carmelina.acevedo
                      I am not just some old Salvation Army brother singing “Nearer My God To
                      Thee".

                    • Wanda Cook
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
                        No, you cannot be a member of the Rust List to be ROTM. All previous R'sOTM are illegitimate. Please return your prizes and turn off your computers.

                        Wanda
                        getting an icy stare from Jack

                      • rewriterules@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 1, 2011
                          Oh yay, YIPPEEEE!!!!! Congratulations, Cosmo, I couldn't have wished for a better Christmas gift than to know you reign as ROTM.

                          You'll wear it well.

                          Deb
                          RtR

                        • cs
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 2, 2011
                            Wow everybody, thank you for your kind regards!

                            Even after a full day to let it all sink in, I don't quite know how to feel because I haven't ever been singled out for an honor like this by a group of my peers. What a unique position we've created to share the Rustie LOVE!!! I need to figure out how to reflect back to the greater Rustie community, ones who can't make it to a party I throw, and there will be a party (details will be disclosed here when they firm up), my sense of how honored I am to be singled out for 31 days, mainly for just being me. I have done nothing special to deserve this "crown", yet I believe that we are all worthy of it.

                            I gotta step my game up!

                            To whom much is given, much will be required. Neil Young's life's work has given me much, and this is my month to publicly step forward among this community of like-minded individuals and give something back to you. This group as a whole, and certain people that are a part of it mean a great deal to me, and always will.

                            I first came to the Rust List in the fall of 2000, nine months into a year that saw my life as I knew it get turned upside-down and given a few vigorous shakes. My marriage had broken up and I was raising my four year-old son four nights a week by myself, as my Father was valiantly fighting, then losing his 2nd battle with pancreatic cancer that by then had spread to his liver, and there were big changes afoot with the family business, and my position within it. Within this community I forged a new sense of what a family can be. Thank you all for being here to let me find a new place to belong when I reached out for it.

                            Sincerely,

                            Cosmo aka rustINhead
                            give to the wind; be the rain

                            --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "bob ballerstein" <helpless@...> wrote:
                            >Congratulations to Cosmo on his selection as Dec Rustie of the Month!
                          • Charles
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 2, 2011
                              --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "cs" <spot@...> wrote:
                              my sense of how honored I am to be singled out for 31 days, mainly for just being me.

                              That's plenty enough, in my book!
                            • Trish Lewis
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 2, 2011
                                WooHoo Cosmo!! Congrats to a great rustie. Enjoy your month :)

                                Trish

                              • meadowdust_22
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 3, 2011
                                  Hail King Cosmo !
                                • Wilson
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 3, 2012
                                    Congrats Cosmo!

                                    I have had my own set of trials and tribulations of late, and have not been up to date with the rustie world, but I do understand there was some hullabaloo about the crown not having been sent along in a timely manner.

                                    For that I take full responsibility. Unfortunately I had no time to fully appreciate the crown and all the goodies that came along with it, but alas such is life.

                                    To all who are keeping score at home, I have sent the crown out via priority mail today, Cosmo will likely receive it on Thursday, maybe Friday.

                                    Thanks Rusties!

                                    Bill
                                    On The Beach