Re: New? BD Download - Spoiler

  • nyv1archive
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28 5:46 PM
      This Mustang is the same as Disc 0....but DTS MA 24/192 instead of uncompressed 24/192.
      Neil wanted to share the story of the song and the tape, hence the inclusion as a BD-Live download.

      enjoy
      -Archives Guy

      --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "ra7968" <ozia@...> wrote:

      > a correction....I think it's EXACTLY the same track as what we have on disk0. When I played the BD-Live DL for the first time one of my channels was giving out on me.....and it sounder crappier....but the second play sounded much better :-)
      >
      > I can't believe I played it twice :-)
      >
      > Well at least it fills up the timeline. New we have 2 blue pins per page on the timeline.
      >
      > better luck next month!
      >
      > LRR
      >
      > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "Stringman" <rsampimon@> wrote:
      > >
      > > In this latest BD Live download Neil mentions that there is another missing tape. An instrumental by the Squires called "White Flower". It's a pretty thing!! LOL
      > >

      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Stringman
      > >
      > > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "ra7968" <ozia@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > No, there WAS a Post Informer.....it talked about how he got the tape.
      > > >
      > > > This delivery actually sounds worse than the version on the actual playlist. I don't get it....I am guessing it is the same take but just a lower quality tape. We'll never know for sure....
      > > >
      > > > but this is truly a bizarre gift from Neil. I don't know whether I'll put it up on my webpage since it's really not a new song but some sort of repeat. Maybe I'll just log the post informer and not count the song.
      > > >
      > > > LRR

    • karen
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 28 6:14 PM
        I didn't get it. I had a message, downloaded, but there was nothing there. Suggestion AG or anyone? I tried deleting everything I had and going through them one by one but still, nothing. I've never had this happen on a BD download before?

        --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "nyv1archive" <nyv1archive@...> wrote:

        > This Mustang is the same as Disc 0....but DTS MA 24/192 instead of uncompressed 24/192.
        > Neil wanted to share the story of the song and the tape, hence the inclusion as a BD-Live download.
        >
        > enjoy
        > -Archives Guy
        >
        > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "ra7968" <ozia@> wrote:
        > >
        > > a correction....I think it's EXACTLY the same track as what we have on disk0. When I played the BD-Live DL for the first time one of my channels was giving out on me.....and it sounder crappier....but the second play sounded much better :-)
        > >
        > > I can't believe I played it twice :-)
        > >
        > > Well at least it fills up the timeline. New we have 2 blue pins per page on the timeline.
        > >
        > > better luck next month!
        > >
        > > LRR
        > >
        > > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "Stringman" <rsampimon@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > In this latest BD Live download Neil mentions that there is another missing tape. An instrumental by the Squires called "White Flower". It's a pretty thing!! LOL
        > > >

        > > > Regards
        > > >
        > > > Stringman

      • ra7968
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 28 7:46 PM
          I find it easier to always go to the timeline (when asked at the postcard), look for the yellow pin, and download from there. By the way, when I saw the pin at early 1964, I got pretty excited thinking that "Cleopatra" or "Ain't It The Truth" tapes had turned up.

          I'm not sure what Neil meant when he said in the PI that "White Flower" was the only remaining lost tape from that era......these ones and "Together Alone" are also lost per the Archives Book.

          LRR

          --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "karen" <karenbarry@...> wrote:

          > I didn't get it. I had a message, downloaded, but there was nothing there. Suggestion AG or anyone? I tried deleting everything I had and going through them one by one but still, nothing. I've never had this happen on a BD download before?
          >
          > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "nyv1archive" <nyv1archive@> wrote:
          > >
          > > This Mustang is the same as Disc 0....but DTS MA 24/192 instead of uncompressed 24/192.
          > > Neil wanted to share the story of the song and the tape, hence the inclusion as a BD-Live download.
          > >
          > > enjoy
          > > -Archives Guy
          > >
          > > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "ra7968" <ozia@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > a correction....I think it's EXACTLY the same track as what we have on disk0. When I played the BD-Live DL for the first time one of my channels was giving out on me.....and it sounder crappier....but the second play sounded much better :-)
          > > >
          > > > I can't believe I played it twice :-)
          > > >
          > > > Well at least it fills up the timeline. New we have 2 blue pins per page on the timeline.
          > > >
          > > > better luck next month!
          > > >
          > > > LRR

        • Sharry Wilson
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 28 8:57 PM
            Stringy wrote:

            >>In this latest BD Live download Neil mentions that there is another missing tape. An instrumental by the Squires called "White Flower". It's a pretty thing!! LOL

            I hope the tape for "White Flower" is found. That would be very cool. I've always been curious about that song.

            Sharry (Up in T.O. keepin' jive alive)

          • David Green
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 28 10:04 PM
              Well good thing it's DTS and not uncompressed, otherwise it would have taken me an extra couple of minutes to download a recording that was already included on the discs!

              As for the Post Informer, all I can say is:

              http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/cool_story_bro2.jpg

              --PunkDavid

              --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "nyv1archive" <nyv1archive@...> wrote:

              > This Mustang is the same as Disc 0....but DTS MA 24/192 instead of uncompressed 24/192.
              > Neil wanted to share the story of the song and the tape, hence the inclusion as a BD-Live download.
            • cirereta
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 29 3:20 AM
                Hi,

                I cannot seem to mind the corresponding pin to Mustang in the timeline?
                Where it's at? If I go to the downloaded folders, the song is there with
                one of "I Wonder" versions, but I can't find the Post Informer nor the
                blue pin in the timeline!!!

                Frozen Man
              • nyv1archive
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 29 8:05 AM
                  All the BD-Live downloads are DTS MA files for ease of download and playback.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 29 9:12 AM
                    I'm just ribbin' you about the duplicate recording.

                    I understand why you'd want the song to accompany the story about the song, but IMO, I'd rather just get the story than have to wait to download a second copy of something I already have (and when I say "already have", I don't mean like I already had the Mynah Birds tracks or the song from the BS Box Set, I mean like "bit-for-bit already have" this on the Archives).

                    I'm very excited about future BD-Live downloads now that suggestions are being solicited. The internet is, and has always been, about interactivity with other people, and I'm glad that Neil has always understood the nature of the technology.

                    --PunkDavid

                    --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "nyv1archive" <nyv1archive@...> wrote:

                    > All the BD-Live downloads are DTS MA files for ease of download and playback.
                    >
                    > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "David Green" <punkdavid40@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Well good thing it's DTS and not uncompressed, otherwise it would have taken me an extra couple of minutes to download a recording that was already included on the discs!
                    > >
                    > > As for the Post Informer, all I can say is:
                    > >
                    > > http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/cool_story_bro2.jpg
                    > >
                    > > --PunkDavid
                    > >

                    > > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "nyv1archive" <nyv1archive@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > This Mustang is the same as Disc 0....but DTS MA 24/192 instead of uncompressed 24/192.
                    > > > Neil wanted to share the story of the song and the tape, hence the inclusion as a BD-Live download.

                  • Old Man Emu or for Rust: And I fell into
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 11, 2010
                      Reply & question to an old post.

                      I fired up the Bluray this morning and had a new download - "Mustang" I'm guessing.

                      It downloaded but there is no pin and its not in the download manager. In the DL Mgr I've got nine rows / items

                      LRR lists the item as;

                      http://home.roadrunner.com/~thrasherpass/NYArchives/bdlive.htm

                      Pin Location: 1964 Mar
                      Post Informer Volume 1 #3, Jan 21 2010
                      Additional Perspective: "The Mustang Tape", finding, restoring and what's still out there.
                      Size: 98.7Mb
                      Release Date: 28-Apr-10

                      The item I have at Pin March 64 is "Is Wonder"

                      My USB key is 8 gig and total download is 897meg so far so plenty of space.

                      I threw the USB key into my PC, has anyone worked out the directory structure yet as I thought I might be able delete a directory and reload. All the update dates are back in 2008.

                      Actually looking at the big files on the USB key I can see that I have this one twice (based on the size being 73,442 kb) ;

                      Audio Track: "I Wonder", The Squires, Basement, 1965 (2:12), previously unreleased track. Band photo. 73Mb

                      ... and I have nothing on the USB key of size 98.7 meg

                      So I think something is amiss here.

                      It happens, its a computer program not a CD

                      Any help appreciated

                      Gary