Re: NNC: Steely Dan in Paris - fated or what???

  • Nick Birch
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      And that's not the end of the story either....

      Mr Moon plays golf (badly, by the sound of it). I live
      near St Andrews, the home of golf.

      Now is that spooky?

      I agree, the earth rotates around Mr Moon.

      All we need now is forSsharry to turn up in Paris at the Dan show...

      I wait with baited breath...

      Nick

      --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "Sharry Wilson" <sharry@...> wrote:

      > Sharry wrote:
      >
      > > I agree. It's interesting to note that I originally received the Caves show from none
      other than Mark (Henry Moon). What goes around, comes around. :)

      > > Wish I was going to that show too. Hope you all have a wonderful time.
      >
      > Nick Birch replied:
      >
      > >>So Mark was the one who sent Sharry Caves, which then came to me. Sharry told me
      Mark was going to see Dan in Paris. I was full of woe that I couldn't go, so was going to
      ask Mark for a review in haiku form in compensation.

      > >>Then I thought...wait a minute...I'm in Paris for a few days in July on holiday...unlikely
      that's when Dan are playing, but just in case....
      > Sure enough, Dan are playing while we're there...and there were a few tickets left! Bingo!
      >
      > >>Furthermore, Mark met Sophie and me 2 Christmases ago in Paris. I said to Sophie
      later...wouldn't it be great to see the Dan in Paris.
      > Spooky!
      >
      > >>Now we are going, we'll meet with Mark, and Sophie will come back to her spiritual
      home. I'll see Steely Dan for the first time, Mark for the second time, and Mark will see
      double trouble!

      > But that's not the end of the story . . .
      >
      > Bob and I saw Mark (and Kevin! :) ) this past March when we were in Paris. Funnily
      enough, we're making a return trip to France in early November. (Bob was asked -- and
      agreed -- to be a guest of honour at "Utopiales," a large French science fiction convention
      held in Nantes.) Hopefully we can get together once again as we're sure to be passing
      through Paris on the way there and on the way back. More double trouble! ;)

      > I also happen to know that Karen Schwarz and her two daughters are headed over to
      France in the near future and might also happen to meet up with Mark at some point.

      > It just goes to show that the earth obviously revolves around Mr. Moon. :)
      >
      > Sharry (Up in T.O. keepin' jive alive)

    • Nick Birch
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Moon" <mark@...> wrote:

        > --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "Sharry Wilson" <sharry@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It just goes to show that the earth obviously revolves around Mr.
        > Moon. :)
        > >

        > mr moon's beaming
        > facial third-degree burns from
        > thirty over par

        Nice use of apostrophe, Mr Moon!

        Jule's, can you confirm?

        Nick
      • Sharry Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          <snip>

          Henry Moon wrote:

          >mr moon's beaming
          >facial third-degree burns from
          >thirty over par

          Nick Birch added:

          >And that's not the end of the story either....

          >Mr Moon plays golf (badly, by the sound of it). I live
          near St Andrews, the home of golf.

          >Now is that spooky?

          What's even spookier is that Neil likes to play golf too. I wonder if Neil play as badlly as Henry Moon. ;)

          >I agree, the earth rotates around Mr Moon.

          >All we need now is for Sharry to turn up in Paris at the Dan show...

          >I wait with baited breath...

          I guess Bob and I will just have to make a third trip to Paris this year. :)

          Sharry (Up in T.O. keepin' jive alive)