Art by Amber Young ...

  • karen
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
      From Neil¹s site:

      Living With War is being released in a new CD/DVD version that includes the
      original mixes done the day of each session. These raw mixes do not include
      the choir that was added in L.A. the week after the original recordings were
      done. These recordings are not remixed. They are the first mixes that were
      made in the heat of the moment. Although they are not polished, they
      represent the essence of Living With War, in the beginning.
      Included in the new set is a DVD of all 10 of the videos done in the LWW
      network form, as well as all 10 of the documentary videos of the original
      sessions. These Living with War documentary videos show the choir and the
      sessions, day by day, as the project was evolving.
      The Raw version "In the Beginning" is a separate CD within the package.
      This new LWW package, including the Raw CD and the DVD of the videos, with a
      new cover featuring art by Amber Young, will be released in December.
      "In the Beginning" will be released on I-Tunes in early November.
      Peace.

      Cool! Hey, I'll buy it. : )

      loveandaffectionkaren
    • ra7968
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
        Cool....LWW is getting even less polished! Glad Neil is going
        in this direction. LWW was way overproduced :-)

        I'll tell you what I was hoping for when I heard the
        news about LWW-RAW. I was hoping for a mix that was more akin
        to Eldorado. With the Guitars and Vocals jacked way up! Eldorado
        sounds like it used a lot of reverb to make the sound big. I
        wouldn't have objected to a bit of that. Put it more into
        your face.

        I never liked what the Choir did to the song "Living With War".
        To me they gave it too much of a sweet sound. Hearing Neil's
        voice alone will bring out a bit of the anguish. It will sound
        a lot better, too, if they drop the trumpet from that song
        and jack up the guitars a bit.

        I am intrigued. I'm hoping that the original "heat of the moment"
        mix is actually listenable. Real artwork would be nice too :-)

        LRR

        --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, karen <kbschwarz@...> wrote:

        > From Neil¹s site:
        >
        > Living With War is being released in a new CD/DVD version that
        includes the
        > original mixes done the day of each session. These raw mixes do not
        include
        > the choir that was added in L.A. the week after the original
        recordings were
        > done. These recordings are not remixed. They are the first mixes
        that were
        > made in the heat of the moment. Although they are not polished, they
        > represent the essence of Living With War, in the beginning.
      • The Family Jules
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
          --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "ra7968" <ozia@...> wrote:

          > I'll tell you what I was hoping for when I heard the
          > news about LWW-RAW. I was hoping for a mix that was more akin
          > to Eldorado. With the Guitars and Vocals jacked way up! Eldorado
          > sounds like it used a lot of reverb to make the sound big. I
          > wouldn't have objected to a bit of that. Put it more into
          > your face.

          I'll second that - I think this material needs that kind of sound to
          come over.

          I wish the remix disc came with the original mix included though. I
          was waiting for this second edition, but now it looks like I'll have
          to buy both after all. Another Neil album that I don't care for
          that I may need to buy twice. Eh.

          I heard the CSNY live versions on that LWW comp just last week.
          That sounds much better to my ears. Not classic Neil, mind you, but
          better than the studio versions.

          FamilyJules