Re: Thoughts on PW

  • hezikiahjones
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 5, 2005
      finally someone honest and not just a lapdog licking the face of the
      master

      --- In rust@yahoogroups.com, "Diniakos" <itlnqt.lapd@v...> wrote:
      > I've listened thru several times and find myself completely
      underwhelmed. I am not a young guy at all, 49, but this work seems
      ponderous and it reeks of stodgy Old Guy. I, too, have lost my dad
      and am getting older, but I have very high standards of expection
      from my very favorite muse, and this falls far short. I'm no
      musician, but the very melody structures seem the same as from AYP
      and Greendale. Neil needs to challenge himself and write more in
      depth, not knock out a song in 20 minutes (and brag about it!). Does
      he have the guts to place himself in the hands of a strong, talented
      producer, who would do what a good one's supposed to do, accent the
      music and flavor it so it sounds the best?
      > On a basic level, I, as a Neil fanatic, welcome all music he
      releases. Even with the feelings I'm writing about, I like having new
      Neil songs to listen to. I like the choir and Emmylou very much, as
      well. My main allegiance to Neil is his electric rock incarnation. I
      don't listen to country music anything. As I wrote just a bit ago, I
      have only seen two of his solo acoustic tours, and I've seen him over
      20 times. I'm sure this bias I have slants my point of view, but I
      predict a Neil/Pegi country/acoustic PW tour.
      > Mark

    • Sharry Wilson
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 9, 2005
        Henry Moon wrote:
        <snip>
        >BOY BLUNDER

        >See the Batman fly hanging on a string
        >Singing and swinging past the moon<<<<<<

        Kerry (alone at the microphone) replied:

        >>That's a work of genius! My compliments. I'd like to hear it actually
        sung that way. Maybe you could sell it to "Weird Al" Yankovic. How long did
        it take you to write that?

        Three and a half minutes. And he was sick in bed with a raging fever too!
        Just call him BOY WONDER. ;)

        Sharry (Up in T.O. keepin' jive alive)