Re: Database created

  • Rdr. Andrew Moulton
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
      Nikita,

      I'm confused. What is the relationship between this database and the
      RTF-format bibliography that we've already started?

      --- In russian_typikon@yahoogroups.com, "Nikita" <starina77@y...>
      wrote:
      > Dear members,
      >
      > This evening I have begun to create a catalogue of known
      resources...
    • Nikita
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
        --- In russian_typikon@yahoogroups.com, "Rdr. Andrew Moulton"
        <christianos1@y...> wrote:
        > Nikita,
        >
        > I'm confused. What is the relationship between this database and the
        > RTF-format bibliography that we've already started?

        Sorry for the confusion, folks. I was attempting to set up a format
        where people could add information as we go along, instead of
        submitting it to one person who has to take the time to update the
        list and repost it to the group every time a change has been made. I
        can foresee that this might become a hassle. With all the
        responsibilities we have ahead of us, we need an efficient way to
        manage our time and efforts, and I thought this would help. If this
        system doesn't work for people, then please let me know.

        The one advantage about the Yahoo database system is that it can be
        imported and exported. It is my understanding that when you create a
        Yahoo database, it has the ability to upload tab delineated data files
        which one has created in Excel or another program, and automatically
        have the information go into the appropriate fields. (And it
        automatically sorts the entries alphabetically!) I believe it also can
        export the data into tab delineated files for use in a spread sheet.
        I've found that this is an efficient and consistent way to prepare
        bibliographies.

        BTW: The .RTF format is a hassle for me because I have to download a
        page in order to read it. I can deal with this, but if we stick to the
        unformatted .TXT format, people should be able to read the files online.

        Nikita
      • hieromonk Innokenty
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
          Dear Andrew,

          Please, take care about editing the database. We really need this.
          All this different variants of transliteration...

          I hope the database will make your task easier.

          May God help.

          hmnk Innokenty (St. Innocent Orthodox Church, Macon, GA)

          ( http://home.mindspring.com/~rcwilcox/StInnocent/ )