Typicon for Palm Sunday and Holy Week

  • stbarbaramonastery
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2004
      Dear Everyone,

      Greetings on this great and glorious Feast.

      Earlier today I sent Nikita the portion of Chapter 49 that deals
      with Palm Sunday and Holy Week. No doubt he will upload it soon on
      the synaxis website.

      Although all of you, I'm sure, will be overwhelmingly busy
      during Holy Week, perhaps some of you can find a few moments day by
      day to take a look at this material. I covet your input:
      corrections, suggestions, comments, etc.

      In Christ,
      Mother Victoria
    • Nikita Simmons
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2004
        I was able to upload this to the web site. Go to <synaxis.info> and
        then to the Typicon site, where I have placed a link to the sections
        of Chapter 49 (the Triodion) which are available.

        Nikita

        --- In russian_typikon@yahoogroups.com, "stbarbaramonastery"
        <mv11@j...> wrote:
        > Dear Everyone,
        >
        > Greetings on this great and glorious Feast.
        >
        > Earlier today I sent Nikita the portion of Chapter 49 that deals
        > with Palm Sunday and Holy Week. No doubt he will upload it soon on
        > the synaxis website.
        >
        > Although all of you, I'm sure, will be overwhelmingly busy
        > during Holy Week, perhaps some of you can find a few moments day by
        > day to take a look at this material. I covet your input:
        > corrections, suggestions, comments, etc.
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Mother Victoria
      • Cezar Login
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2004
          Dear list members,

          I wish you all a blessed Pascha feast.

          In Christ,

          Cezar Login

          Connex scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV AntiVirus.
          Connex automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus.

          Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate variantele lor.
          Pentru a inlatura efectele nedorite si din dorinta de a va oferi in permanenta servicii
          de cea mai buna calitate mesajele detectate ca fiind infectate vor fi sterse automat .
          Va rugam sa luati in considerare ca exista un risc de fiecare data cand deschideti
          fisiere atasate si ca MobiFon nu este responsabila pentru nici un prejudiciu cauzat de
          virusi.

          Disclaimer: RAV Antivirus may not be able to detect all new viruses and variants. In
          order to remove unwanted effects and to continuously provide quality services all
          infected e-mails will be automatically deleted .Please be aware that there is a risk
          involved whenever opening e-mail attachments to your computer and that MobiFon is not
          responsible for any damages caused by viruses.
        • Sergius Miller
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2004
            <mv11@j...> wrote:
            > Dear Everyone,
            >
            > Greetings on this great and glorious Feast.
            >
            > Earlier today I sent Nikita the portion of Chapter 49 that
            deals
            > with Palm Sunday and Holy Week. No doubt he will upload it soon on
            > the synaxis website.
            >
            > Although all of you, I'm sure, will be overwhelmingly busy
            > during Holy Week, perhaps some of you can find a few moments day by
            > day to take a look at this material. I covet your input:
            > corrections, suggestions, comments, etc.
            >
            > In Christ,
            > Mother Victoria

            Thank you, Mother Victoria.

            I have noted one item. After the Great Doxology at Palm Sunday
            Matins, the translation says that after "the Trisagion prayers." I
            think that the Typikon actually says, "after the Trisagion," meaning
            after the conclusion of the Great Doxology. This is not normally a
            place for the Trisagion prayers.

            In XC,
            Sergius Miller
          • Sergius Miller
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
              --- In russian_typikon@yahoogroups.com, "Sergius Miller"
              <srbmillerr@a...> wrote:
              > Thank you, Mother Victoria.
              >
              > I have noted one item. After the Great Doxology at Palm Sunday
              > Matins, the translation says that after "the Trisagion prayers." I
              > think that the Typikon actually says, "after the Trisagion,"
              meaning
              > after the conclusion of the Great Doxology. This is not normally a
              > place for the Trisagion prayers.
              >
              > In XC,
              > Sergius Miller

              I posted this message almost a year ago. I've since gone through the
              three sections of the translation of the Typikon and I note that this
              same mention of "Trisagion prayers" is recorded after the Great
              Doxology throughout. The Slavonic Typikon says "after the Trisagion"
              meaning after the sung Trisagion that ends the Great Doxology. I
              think that a correction is needed.

              Also, I note that whenever "poklon" appears in the text, it is
              translated as "prostration." I think that "prostration" is an
              interpretation in this context unless the Typikon says "great poklon"
              or "poklon to the ground." Can we just leave it at "bow" which is
              literal translation of the Slavonic in this context.

              In XC,
              Sergius Miller

              P.S.: How's that for activity?