CfP: Radical Nationalism in Ukraine (Russ. 'Forum' 10:1). Deadline: 1.7.13

  • Andreas Umland
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2013
      CALL FOR PAPERS FOR A PUBLICATION AND TRANSLATION PROJECT
      [Please, feel free to forward, re-post or publish.]
      https://www.facebook.com/events/428035713950942/

      "Radikal'ny natsionalizm v Ukraine vchera i segodnia [Radical Nationalism in Ukraine Yesterday and Today]"

      - within the Russian-language web journal

      "Forum noveishei vostochnoevropeiskoi istorii i kul'tury [Forum for Contemporary East European History and Culture ]" at

      ZIMOS, the Institute for Central and East European Studies of The Catholic University of Eichstaett-Ingolstadt, in Upper Bavaria, invites research papers for its interdisciplinary Russian-language open-access web journal "Forum for Contemporary East European History and Culture" http://www1.ku-eichstaett.de/ZIMOS/forumruss.html .

      The Russian "Forum" has been published twice per year, since 2004, as a scholarly WWW periodical supplementing ZIMOS's printed German-language "Forum fuer osteuropaeische Ideen- und Zeitgeschichte." See http://www.ku-eichstaett.de/forschungseinr/zimos/publikationen/zeitschrift_forum/

      We will publish a special section of the "Forum" on ultra-nationalism in Ukraine, in the journal's 19th web-edition. Submitted papers may deal with both, ukrainophone, ethnocentric historic/current right-wing extremism (e.g. OUN-B, "Svoboda"), and russophone, pan-Slavic historic/current radical anti-Westernism (e.g. PSPU, "Rodina"). This Russian-language WWW project parallels somewhat similar English- and Ukrainian-language collected papers projects currently implemented within the journals "Communist and Post-Communist Studies," "Russian Politics and Law," and "Ukraina Moderna," as well as by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.

      We require properly footnoted, scholarly researched, well-structured, and thoroughly edited Russian-language texts with a length of no less than 4,000 and no more than 14,000 words. Papers should be based on primary as well as secondary sources, which are fully listed and adequately presented, in footnotes.

      So far, papers by Ivan Katchanovskii, Anton Shekhovtsov and Andreas Umland are scheduled for publication.

      We are not only interested in original papers that have not yet been published anywhere. We are also happy to re-publish papers that might have already been printed in Russian or other languages before, but that are, so far, not freely available, in Russian language, on the WWW. In the case that a paper has been published in a Russian printed edition (journal, collected volume) or non-Russian outlet before, authors will have to provide an explicit permission, by the editors of the periodical, website or book where the article originally appeared, for re-publication as a Russian-language PDF file in our open-access web journal. We will usually not re-publish papers that are already available in Russian, on the WWW.

      Papers accepted content-wise for publication will only be published in the case of a proper adaptation of their linguistic quality and formal style  (footnotes, punctuation, headings, references, citations etc.) to the standards of the "Forum" by the author/s. When preparing your text for publication, please, use this formal style required of the final editions of the papers to appear:

      All versions of the papers should be submitted as MS Word Documents.

      For authors who wish to publish an English-, German- or Ukrainian-language text in Russian language, we can provide qualified Russian translating services. We have professional interpreters who will provide high quality translations which will be edited - stylistically and orthographically - by the journal's editorial board members.

      Unfortunately, however, we do not have funds to pay translators. Thus, we regret to state that the costs for translation will, as outlined below, have to borne fully by the author her- or himself. In addition, after provision of a draft translation by our expert-translator, authors will be required to carefully check the translated Russian draft version, before the translator produces the final version of the text for editing by the journal's board and printing.

      The translator will, after delivering a satisfactory final version of the translation, have to be paid, by the author/s, EUR0.07 per word of the English, German or Ukrainian original version of the article, i.e., for instance, EUR350 for a 5,000-word article. The word count includes also non-Russian bibliographical literature listed in the footnotes that will not be translated into Russian or transcribed into Cyrillic, yet the formal style of which will be adapted to the format of the "Forum" by the translator. The copyright of the Russian version of the article remains with the translator until the author has made payment for the translation.

      Authors of texts that have been published in English, German or Ukrainian before are advised to clarify with the editors of the periodical, book, or non-Russian web site (where the paper originally appeared) whether re-publication in a Russian-language web journal is permissible. The editors of the "Forum" will not take responsibility for any violations of copyright.

      Please, submit your text until either
      - 1 June 2013 for non-Russian papers yet to be translated, or
      - 1 July 2013 for Russian papers,
      as an MS Word Document, to:
      or as a hard copy to:

      Dr. Andreas Umland
      DAAD Lectureship Mohyla Academy
      German Embassy
      vul. Bohdana Khmelnitskoho, 25
      UA-01901 Kyiv
      UKRAINE

      If you intend to submit a text, but are still working on its contents and style, or on its translation into Russian, please, send us a brief message with the title of your paper, and the expected final submission date.

      We reserve the right to reject texts that either do not fit the concept of the project, or the format and quality of which do not correspond to the "Forum's" standards.

      We look forward to your submission!

      Thank you.

      The "Forum's" editors
      Prof. Leonid Luks, Dr. Andreas Umland, Antonina Zykova
      http://www.ku-eichstaett.de/forschungseinr/zimos/mitarbeiter/

      https://www.facebook.com/events/428035713950942/