Event: Belarusian Civil Society Support, Berlin 4.8.12

  • Andreas Umland
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
      Internationaler Tag der Solidarit├Ąt mit der belarussischen Zivilgesellschaft
      Berlin 4.8.2012, 14:00, Pariser Platz, Brandenburger Tor

      http://www.dbg-online.org/2012/07/31/internationaler-tag-der-solidaritaet-mit-der-belarussischen-zivilgesellschaft
      https://www.facebook.com/events/264546470327697/

      We invite everyone to join the International Day of Solidarity with civil society of Belarus!

      August 4th, 2011 is the day Ales Bialiatski was arrested, Ales Belyatsky, a leading figure in the defense of human rights, was the chairman of the Human Rights Center "Viasna", and the vice-president of the International Federation for Human Rights.

      This Day of Solidarity is the occasion to attract attention to the human rights situation in Belarus, and to express our solidarity with the belarusian citizens fighting for their civil rights under permanent pressure and harassment.

      We believe that freedom should not be limited by borders. The human right situation in Belarus deserves the strongest attention of civil societies. As long as human rights violation will continue to take place in Belarus, Europe won't be able to call itself an area of democracy.

      We invite all the persons, groups and organizations concerned about this problem, to support this initiative by holding events on the 4th of August :

      - Local information campaigns and events in their cities and countries, depicting the situation faced by the civil society in Belarus;
      - Actions to support individual human rights defenders, as well as civil society groups.

      Location: Pariser Platz, Brandenburger Tor, Berlin

      Sign up: https://www.facebook.com/events/264546470327697/