1409Call for Russ. Essays: Ukraine's EuroMaidan and After, 'Forum' 1.5.2014

  • Andreas Umland
    Apr 6, 2014
      The scholarly Russian open access web journal

      "Forum noveishei vostochnoevropeiskoi istorii i kul'tury" http://www1.ku-eichstaett.de/ZIMOS/forumruss.html

      is, for its June 2014 issue, preparing a second special section of analytical essays on the EuroMaidan and after.

      The first special section of essays on the EuroMaidan can be found here: http://www1.ku-eichstaett.de/ZIMOS/forum/inhaltruss20.html

      We are inviting, until 1 May 2014, carefully edited, stylistically and orthographically publishable Russian-language essay of a length between 1500-3000 words, in this format www1.ku-eichstaett.de/ZIMOS/Vorgaben%20Forum%20RU.pdf . Footnotes are welcome, but not needed, for this section of essays rather than research papers.

      While being only a brief analysis and not an extensive investigation, your essay should nevertheless as narrowly as possible focus on one particular aspect of the EuroMaidan - whatever you feel most familiar with and interested in. Your essay could/should contain facts, data, comparisons, names, quotes, graphs, pictures, references etc. It should be empirical-analytical rather than philosophical, counter-factual or speculative. We are NOT interested in opinion pieces or global interpretations. Note also that our journal is read more in Russia than in Ukraine.

      Please, use these style prescriptions: www1.ku-eichstaett.de/ZIMOS/Vorgaben%20Forum%20RU.pdf

      If necessary, we might be able to recommend a Russian translator, from English or German, whom you would have to pay though yourself. The rate is usually EUR0.07 per word of the original text.

      If you know of competent scholars who have followed the EuroMaidan events closely, and might be also able and willing to provide a text too, please, feel free to forward this call to them.

      We are also interested in full-scale research papers, on the EuroMaidan, within a larger project described here: http://www.historians.in.ua/index.php/ogoloshennya/1006-forum-noveishei-vostochnoevropeiskoi-ystoryy-y-kultury-call-for-papers
      Facebook event site: https://www.facebook.com/events/1391358704419988/

      Andreas Umland, Dr. phil., Ph. D.
      DAAD Associate Professor of European Studies
      Department of Political Science
      National University of "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy"