Russian Language Translators is a friendly multinational community of translators and interpreters dealing with the Russian language. Join this group/mailing list to discuss all aspects of translation and interpretation, including
1. Theory and practice of scientific, technical and literary translation
4. Extralinguistic issues
5. Rates and payment
6. Culture, etc.
Our traffic is quite high; 50-80 messages a day is not unusual. To get a better idea of our monthly mail volumes, look in the Message History section below.
Most posters write in Russian -- the language understood by the greatest number of participants -- but that's not mandatory. Native speakers of other languages are welcome to post in those languages. The preferred encoding for Russian is KOI8-R.
To subscribe, press the Join This Group! button above (unless you have an existing Yahoo! account, you will be guided through the process of creating one first).
If you do not want to create a Yahoo! account, but still want to subscribe to Ruslantra, simply send an empty message to email@example.com -- you will be able to post and receive postings from the group, but will not be able to view online Ruslantra resources in the Files and Photos sections or change your settings online. To gain full access to Ruslantra online resources, sign up with Yahoo.
- Translation and Interpretation
- Jan 3, 1999
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.