reversed runes

  • d Kate d
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2003
      Someone recently mentioned whether or not to use reversed runes so I
      thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in. I look at every rune as if it
      were on a scale -- whether reversed or not, but allowing
      the "reversal" to speak to the issue helps me sort that out. Also,
      any runes lying nearby help me in this. When using a specific layout
      instead of a "drop" method, the PLACE helps me read which end of the
      scale the rune is speaking from. Also, if the rune is "laying down" I
      look at how the rune will be if turned a quarter turn -- clockwise.
      If it will be upright, then I figure that in -- if it will be
      reversed than that colors the reading.

      I also use the runes that land face down when I drop the runes. If
      the rune is laying "on its back", it's going to "get up" soon and if
      it's laying "face down", it doesn't have much power, because it's
      sleeping pretty soundly and it may figure in eventually, but most
      likely the situation will be changed by the time it does. I'm certain
      I found the seed for this method in a book, but I don't know which
      one.

      My very BEST method of reading the runes is with Freya Aswynn's rune
      layout charts -- which can be found on her homepage. THis woman is a
      wonder! If you have a chance to get her CD of rune chants, you'll be
      pleasantly surprised.

      blessings,

      Kate
    • odin_runer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
        --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "d Kate d" <wordance@y...>
        wrote:
        > Someone recently mentioned whether or not to use reversed runes so
        > thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in.

        To whom it may concern,

        In my own divination techniques, I must admit that negative runes do
        not imply a negative outcome. As others have probably said on this
        board before me, they can very much act as warnings. I think this
        works.

        I guess it's not as simple as just that, though. Inituition
        (obviously) comes into the fore, and when you read, the runes are
        basically a tool, so the main weight is the responsibility of the
        reader.

        If the reader has enough life experience, I am sure they can help in
        any situation. If something comes up that has been interpreted in an
        earlier reading, then something similar to 'pattern matching' I
        guess is involved. Hence, the more readings, the sharper one's
        intuition can become.

        (I think Os has discussed this himself before somewhere at some
        stage. Respects to Os.)

        Blessed be!

        Odin_Runer.