Introduction

  • Kris Burns
    Message 1 of 77 , Sep 9, 2002

      Hey all,

      My name is Kris, and I have been studying runes for about 13 years, but with limited resources. My interest wasn't initially in runes, but one day I found an old essay I had written in grade school and noticed the doodles in the margins, and realized what they were. Come to find out that I had a nasty habit of marking all sorts of stuff with them. So I decided to learn more about what they were all about. That was the beginning of tangent that turned into a full blown passion. I occasionally get frustrated and decide to pack my set away, and have even been known to throw them at the wall from time to time, disrespectful I know, but it never lasts long. The last time I got mad and decided to throw them away I was plagued by dreams of them, and could hear their names in my head like a song that is really irritating yet you know all the words to. Anyway I ended up digging them out, cleansing them and going back to work. That was five years ago. Now I am trying to branch out into the material out there that I had been unable to access until now. I am looking forward to lively debates and learning from the experience of others.

      Kris

      Do You Yahoo!?
    • Donald Kirk
      Message 77 of 77 , Jun 1, 2007
        Lynx,

        Welcome to an open minded place - Lynx is my power animal - actually bobcat - but the same - that is my power animal - I like Lynx - sounds more techie and I is one, kinda.

        I am native ameican and when mountain biking had a lynx walk right up to me and we just comptemplated each other for a while and then it just strolled off. I think it thought I was a cow with horns and too big to eat. My mountain has rounded handle bars for climbing hills.

        Who knows what a lynx is perceiving?

        Let us know

        runespro

        Lynx <caracal_lynx@...> wrote:
        My name is Lynx and I am new here. I have only recently began studying
        Runes in more than a passing interest. I primarly use the Tarot but
        have been wanting to learn the Runes. I am hoping to expand my
        knowledge here. Thank you for allowing me to join.

        Lynx