Greetings!

  • bjsoutter74@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 11, 2002
      Hi to all!

      I'm a new member to this group (just my confirmation!) and wanted to pop in and say hello.  My name is Bobbie and would like to hear from any of you out there.  My knowledge of the runes is limited.  I first got interested in them when I purchased Blum's book and set.  While I didn't agree with all of his views, I did enjoy what was written.  I found "The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Rune" by Sirona Knight...I LOVED her book.  It is packed with information!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I highly recommend it.

      Hope everyone is in good spirits and health.....

      Anyone wanting to email me is welcome to:
      BJSoutter74@...
    • witchrune
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 12, 2002
        --- In runes-divination@y..., bjsoutter74@a... wrote:
        > Hi to all!

        Welcome to the group Bobbie!

        > there. My knowledge of the runes is limited. I first got
        >interested in them when I purchased Blum's book and set. While I
        >didn't agree with all of his views, I did enjoy what was written.

        Many people started that way. I am not a major Blum fan but he does
        deserve gratitude for sparking so many people's interest in the runes.

        > I found "The Little Giant Encyclopedia
        > of Rune" by Sirona Knight...I LOVED her book. It is packed with
        > information!!!!!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend it.

        Umm..yes, it is packed with information, much of it from other people
        who she fails to give credit to, see
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/runes-divination/message/546
        That said, at least she steals from the best so it is a good book
        though I wouldn't buy it on principle.

        Thank you for the introduction and we all look forward to hearing more
        from you. I've not been posting much lately due to pressures elsewhere
        but I am still reading posts and I hope to be more active again
        shortly.

        Os
        moderator,runes-divination@yahoogroups.com
      • Hroptr Runecaller
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 12, 2002

          Hi Bobbie!

          First:  Should you ever meet anyone with "unlimited" understanding of the Runes, please post that to the list.  There will be much interest )

          That said, Welcome to the list!  Glad to see you here.

          Hroptr

          bjsoutter74@... wrote:

          Hi to all!

          I'm a new member to this group (just my confirmation!) and wanted to pop in and say hello.  My name is Bobbie and would like to hear from any of you out there.  My knowledge of the runes is limited.  I first got interested in them when I purchased Blum's book and set.  While I didn't agree with all of his views, I did enjoy what was written.  I found "The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Rune" by Sirona Knight...I LOVED her book.  It is packed with information!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I highly recommend it.

          Hope everyone is in good spirits and health.....

          Anyone wanting to email me is welcome to:
          BJSoutter74@...

          Do You Yahoo!?

        • rune_mistress
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 14, 2002
            Welcome Bobbie,
            Seems like Ralph has brought lots of people to the runes. He's
            sort of like a gatekeeper, if you are meant to know the runes, you
            move on from Ralph's work to deeper information. If the runes are
            not for you, you stay with Ralph's level and play around...........

            > > I found "The Little Giant Encyclopedia
            > > of Rune" by Sirona Knight...I LOVED her book. It is packed with
            > > information!!!!!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend it.
            > Umm..yes, it is packed with information, much of it from other
            people who she fails to give credit to, see
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/runes-divination/message/546
            > That said, at least she steals from the best so it is a good book
            > though I wouldn't buy it on principle.
            Humm, Os, does she not even give credit in the bibliography? I
            wonder how this fits into the bigger picture..........

            .|
            .|\
            .|/
            \|/
            /|\, Rune

            Have a glorious day of life, take excellent care of yourself
          • jaretlb@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 14, 2002
              That is my theory and I completely believe it!

              --- rune_mistress <rune_mistress@...> wrote:
              > Welcome Bobbie,
              > Seems like Ralph has brought lots of people to the
              > runes. He's
              > sort of like a gatekeeper, if you are meant to know
              > the runes, you
              > move on from Ralph's work to deeper information. If
              > the runes are
              > not for you, you stay with Ralph's level and play
              > around...........

              http://autos.yahoo.com
            • kathryn.swan

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 16, 2002
                  Try putting the word   Unsubscribe   in the subject box. Don't write anything in the message area.
                  I think that will unsubscribe you.
                  I'm sorry to hear your step-dad left.  :(
                  I hope everything is ok for your and the rest of your family.
                  Wassail!
                  Chris

                  PLEASE WILL YOU AND ALL YOUR OTHER WIERD FRIENDS IN THE RUNE CLUB STOP SENDIN ME MESSAGES IM 14 YEARS OF AGE AND IT WAS MY STEP DAD WHO JOINED THE CLUB THING AND HE LEFT MY HOUSE ALONG TIME AGO SO STOP SENDIN MESSAGES
                  I'm a new member to this group (just my confirmation!) and wanted to pop in and say hello.  My name is Bobbie and would like to hear from any of you out there.  My knowledge of the runes is limited.  I first got interested in them when I purchased Blum's book and set.  While I didn't agree with all of his views, I did enjoy what was written.  I found "The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Rune" by Sirona Knight...I LOVED her book.  It is packed with information!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I highly recommend it.

                  Hope everyone is in good spirits and health.....

                  Anyone wanting to email me is welcome to:
                  BJSoutter74@...

                  "Do other dogs think that Poodles belong to some bizarre religious cult?"

                • rune_mistress
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 18, 2002
                    Unsubscribe, send email to:

                    --- In runes-divination@y..., "kathryn.swan" <kathryn.swan@n...>
                    wrote:
                    > PLEASE WILL YOU AND ALL YOUR OTHER WIERD FRIENDS IN THE RUNE CLUB
                    STOP SENDIN ME MESSAGES IM 14 YEARS OF AGE AND IT WAS MY STEP DAD WHO
                    JOINED THE CLUB THING AND HE LEFT MY HOUSE ALONG TIME AGO SO STOP
                    SENDIN MESSAGES

                    Service.
                  • swampwitch
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                      Greetings all!

                      I was thrilled to wake up this am and find I had been approved for the Runes-Divination group.  I have two sets of runes... I have studied on my own some...and really need some "help" and guidance.

                      For the past 5 years I have devoted all of my time to studying and using Tarot cards.  I have a real interest in the Runes though...

                      I have really only read a small amount about the runes... so the listing of books is helpful and the Rune School pages...

                      So, thanks for letting me join and I hope to learn lots from all of you...
                      Blessings,
                      Jennifer "SwampWitch"
                      Enchanted Divinations,

                      SwampWitch

                      In this world that we know now, life is here and then its gone, but somewhere in the afterglow, love lives on and on."  -Quentin's theme.  From Dark Shadows
                    • The Raven Master
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                        Greetings Everyone!
                        Another club newbie here!
                        Wanted to say hello to everybody as soon as I could.
                        I'm not going to post much about me right now because of time
                        limitations.
                        Been using runes for aprox.....oh....let's see....14 yrs about, and
                        am still learning. First set of my own I made out
                        of...ummmm..."Baker's Clay", (bread dough). Second set was given as
                        a present...third incomplete set was also given.
                        I started teaching myself tarot cards....then a friend let me see
                        her runes.....the minute I touched them they felt "right". I gave my
                        tarot cards away and have used runes every since.

                        Enough for now.....

                        May you and yours have many Blessings!

                        Ravenmaster
                      • Francis
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012
                          My name is Francis. I have been a member of this group on and off through the years - whenever I re-study the Runes...

                          I am trying to get to know the Runes in a more intimate way, but am wary of just how close to get to know them. That is where I currently stand.

                          Can anyone relate?

                          Bye for now...!