Re: [runes-divination] Raido

  • magus_igni
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2013
      Greetings

      RAIDHO
      (Riding, travel)
      Germanic: Reda (Raidho)
      Gothic: Raida
      Norse: Reið,
      Reiðr
      Anglo-Saxon: Rad
      Icelandic: Reið
      Norwegian: Reid, Reidr
      Rune of travel, journeys, and physical endurance. This rune has been used as
      a charm for travelers, this includes astral travel as well and Reidh acts as a
      guide for the dead in their journey in the underworld. This is also a rune of
      relocation such as moving house. Reidh also means seeking and striving; a quest
      and stepping into the unknown. Magickally this rune when the energies are
      directed at another will make him/her restless and dissatisfied. It creates
      changes in the life for good or ill depending on the other runes used in the
      working. Reidh is a solar rune as it also symbolizes the chariot of Amon Ra,(some say it is thebij-mantra )the
      Egyptian Sun God and represents the eightfold cycle of the Greater Sabbats.
      Reidh also assists in astral travel. A rune of rhythm and music, Reidh makes one
      aware of the natural rhythms in life and helps one to better organize their
      time. This rune represents justice and the essence of the law, while Tyr is the
      letter of the law. Can be used in ritual to give power to movement- drumming,
      dancing, clapping, etc.Reidh is the cosmic law of right and archetypal order in themultiverse. This is expressed by such natural phenomena as the dailypath of the sun and the cycles of nature and humanity. The Reidh rune isthe mystery of divine law, manifest in both the multiverse and inhumanity.Reidh came to be a symbol for organized religion, or better said,of Asatru, the ancient form of Germanic religion.This rune represents the right order of the initiate's journeythrough the paths of the Nine Worlds of Yggdrasill.Good advice and judgment according to right are ascribed toreidh.Reidh is the channeling of force according to natural laws alongthe right road leading to the right result.Reidh also may be expressed in the concept of spiral development.This is in accordance with the traditional ideology of the cyclesof existence, ever in circles but always rising (or sinking) toward agoal-the point. Reaching this goal is not an end but a transformationand
      new beginning for another outward expansion.

                      REIDH IS A FIRE RUNE

      ULF FRATER
      WOLF(ULF)MAN............

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2013
        Thank you for your information as usual. Especially for this part of what you posted:
        Reidh came to be a symbol for organized religion, or better said,of Asatru, the ancient form of Germanic religion.This rune represents the right order of the initiate's journeythrough the paths of the Nine Worlds of Yggdrasill.
        I will have to keep this in mind while I am learning about the ways of my ancestors. I can see I have my work cut out for me.