Re: Runes Studies

  • opossum13@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2013
      That's exactly the advantage runes have over Tarot!

      Rhonda

      --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, Keelty_Sage <walksalone2004@...> wrote:

      > I am putting my rune studies in a composition book that has 100 sheets. I used the first two pages for a beginning and an index. I am allowing 4 sheets (8 pages by using both sides of the sheet) for each rune. I am hoping by the end of these studies I will have my own book on the runes. I am leaving so many pages for each one so I can keep adding information as I go along.
      > I love my Wildwood Tarot cards, but I think I am going to like the runes even better. I think this because there is just the simple character on the tile and it isn't so busy with visual stuff. I think I will be able to use my intuition more with less visual information. I am really looking forward to getting to know these guys.
      > Martha

    • Richard B
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
        I've worked with Tarot cards, but they seem awfully cumbersome.  The runes are infintely more straightforward since they bespeak a certain simplicity of symbols.  For me too many symbols just make a great jumble which I find to be woefully unhelpful.  And I keep my castings down to the most basic - three runes.  I believe that "less is more".  This is just my own opinion.  Others might have a different take on the whole thing.

        Richard
        There never was a good war or a bad peace. Benjamin Franklin

        ________________________________
        I am putting my rune studies in a composition book that has 100 sheets. I used the first two pages for a beginning and an index. I am allowing 4 sheets (8 pages by using both sides of the sheet) for each rune. I am hoping by the end of these studies I will have my own book on the runes. I am leaving so many pages for each one so I can keep adding information as I go along.
        I love my Wildwood Tarot cards, but I think I am going to like the runes even better. I think this because there is just the simple character on the tile and it isn't so busy with visual stuff. I think I will be able to use my intuition more with less visual information. I am really looking forward to getting to know these guys.
        Martha

      • Keelty_Sage
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
          I have read that some just reach into the bag of runes and draw out the number of runes to be used, sort of like drawing out the bingo number. Have any of you used this method and does it work for you. Sounds pretty practical to me.
          martha

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
            That's what I do!

            Rhonda

            --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, Keelty_Sage <walksalone2004@...> wrote:

            > I have read that some just reach into the bag of runes and draw out the number of runes to be used, sort of like drawing out the bingo number. Have any of you used this method and does it work for you. Sounds pretty practical to me.
            > martha

          • Richard B
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
              I'm a "reach in the bag" practitioner.  It really does depend upon the situation.  Sometimes I invite the person for whom I doing a casting to pick three stones from my bag or from the ones I've cast before him/her.  What I do like about using the runes is that there really is not one right or wrong way for everyone.  I like this "nondogmatic" approach to things spiritual.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
                Sometimes I'll lay them all out face-down and have people pick them, but if I'm reading for myself it's the "draw from bag" method.

                Rhonda

                --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, Richard B <rboylern@...> wrote:

                > I'm a "reach in the bag" practitioner.  It really does depend upon the situation.  Sometimes I invite the person for whom I doing a casting to pick three stones from my bag or from the ones I've cast before him/her.  What I do like about using the runes is that there really is not one right or wrong way for everyone.  I like this "nondogmatic" approach to things spiritual.
                >
                > Richard
                > There never was a good war or a bad peace. Benjamin Franklin

              • Keelty_Sage
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                  To me that seems like the most practical method to use.
                  Martha