Re: [runes-divination] Hello I am new here

  • magus
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
      Greetings
      Welcome Mae runes are the best way to empower your soul. Hope you are looking at it for more than just divinations. You are of nordic descent which makes it more special.

                                     ULF FRATER
      WOLF(ULF)MAN..........OOOOWWWWWWWOOOOWWWW........

      >________________________________

    • Keelty_Sage
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
        Thank you for the welcome. Actually I am trying to learn how they actually lived. I know that Viking was a trade, not a way of religion so much. Vikings were seafaring people. Also not all Scandinavian, and Nordic people went to sea, some were farmers.
        In my research I have learned that the Runes was their alphabet. Here is some of what I found:Runes
        Through Time

        by
        Nicole Sanderson

        The Vikings are often
        portrayed as illiterate, uncultured barbarians who evinced more interest in
        plunder than in poetry. In fact, the Vikings left behind a great number of
        documents in stone, wood and metal, all written in the enigmatic symbols known
        as runes. They relied on these symbols not only for writing but also to tell
        fortunes, cast spells, and provide protection.

        Early Germanic tribes of northern Europe were first to develop runes, but the
        Scandinavians soon adopted the symbols for their own use. When the seafaring
        Vikings traveled to faraway lands, they brought their system of writing with
        them, leaving runic inscriptions in places as distant as Greenland. Wherever
        they went, Vikings turned to runes to express both the poetic ("Listen, ring-bearers,
        while I speak/Of the glories in war of Harald, most wealthy") and the
        prosaic ("Rannvieg owns this box"), inscribing them on everything
        from great stone monuments to common household items.

        http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/vikings/runesright.html

        Also could some explain what is meant by "The Thing" on this website:DAILY LIFE IN THE VIKING PERIOD

        http://www.arild-hauge.com/elife.htm

        Viking Society - A
        Self-Regulated Society

        Viking society was
        self-regulated. Law and order was based upon the Thing system, which had
        already been established via common-meetings dating to least 600 AD. The Thing
        had legislative and judiciary powers. Every free man had a duty to meet at the
        Thing’s common-meetings, except men who farmed alone and were unable to
        leave their farm unattended. Also, women and handicapped people could attend
        the Thing. Among other items, the Vikings elected their King at the Thing.
        These common-meetings might last several days, therefore the Thing was also an
        occasion for a large marketplace and festival.

        Hope this helps you understand what I am looking for. Here
        is how my DNA actually broke down: 49 percent Scandinavian, 36 percent Central
        European, 13 percent British Isles, and 2 percent unknown. I was orginially
        drawn to the Irish, or Celtic, path so have studied Celtic Green Witch in the
        past, then moved on to Hedge Rider. As you may guess I use The Wildwood Tatot
        for my devination, which I seldom take time for.

        Mae