RE: [runes-divination] Re: Rune layouts

  • Rusty Woehrle
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011
      I have some rune spreads I can share. I found them online. I will dig out the printed out pages and share them asap. Rusty
      To: runes-divination@yahoogroups.com
      From: rboylern@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:37:18 -0800
      Subject: Re: [runes-divination] Re: Rune layouts

      I doubt if there is only one way spreads can be done. I tend to use the three rune spread. It helps me to stay more focused and to use my intuition more.

      Richard

      Put your good where it will do the most. Wavy Gravy

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 7, 2011
        For me it works sometimes not to follow "traditional" spreads other than the very reliable three-rune spread which I use as the basis for any other more elaborate one.  This gives me flexibility since I can ascribe my own intuitive understandings based upon the reason for which I am doing a casting.  One of the nicer things about the Pagan traditions is that there are no hard and fast rules as to various ritual practices.

        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 7, 2011
          Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.

          To: runes-divination@yahoogroups.com

          I generally use a five rune spread if I'm doing one for a person or a situation, one rune in the center and the other four at the cardinal points. The central rune shows the over-arching theme or situation; the others are all subordinate. The East rune shows the mental aspect of the situation, the South spirituality, West is emotion and the North is the physical/financial aspect. If I have a question of which path to take in a situation, I'll generally do a spread for each option. I know this spread isn't "traditional", but my original teacher was from a Wiccan tradition and this seems to work for me.

          I will also use a three rune spread for a past/present/future reading, but I don't do those often.

          Rhonda

          --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "Rob L. - Schreiwer" <schreiwer@...> wrote:

          > Hail all!

          > OK, I will jump start the conversation a bit.

          > What kinds of rune spreads or layouts do most folks here use?

          > I use the Elder Futhark exclusively for divination (I use the Younger

          > Futhark for Stav). I tend to do a three-rune spread, with the first drawn

          > rune representing the past, the second the present, and the third the most

          > likely future.

          > I have used nine-rune spreads as well as some others, but the simpler

          > three-rune spread works pretty well for me.

          > Rob

        • Crow Hart
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 7, 2011
            I use a few spreads, The 3 card spread; 5 card spread ; a spread That i
            learned in a rune class from Kaedrich Olsen...kinda of an extension of the
            5 card reading. And when i only want a guick "mood for the day type of
            thing, just 1 card.
            I also have some cards called 'Universal Cards' that i use in conjunction
            with runes; they are just a card with 1 word and the definitions; both
            literally and a spiritual one. The two decks work great together.

            I also have Rune Oracle cards, and Viking Tarot.

            Tyrscrow

            Tyrscrow

          • Shale
            Message 5 of 24 , May 11, 2012
              I have a personals spread that I created (borrowed really) I took Freya Aswynn's World spread and over-lapped it with Thorsson's creation theory... it works out to be a 17 rune spread... (4 placements out side the circles 3 for the Nornir and one for Freya) totaling 21 placements.. I use the Elder which leave me three rune left over for special casting of a question or enhancers..

              The 3 spread is good for quick answers... though I find many spreads to be limiting... (which with the depths of the rune can be very useful for interpretation)...but I find cast a great method for more general information...less directed and more free forming.

              Raven Kaldera has a great one for health diagnostics... and Oswald the Runemaster if I remember correctly had some great Rune casting info... but haven't been there in a bit..so that maybe old info...

              Shale