A question about the norns

  • canvasforalickofpain
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2010
      First of all I would like to say Hello everyone I have only just joined your group, my name is Drennen and I have really only just started looking into studying the runes, I am at the moment in the process of making a set of the eldar futhark runes with plans in the future of perhaps making other rune sets (the younger, or even a set of anglo saxon runes) I am also making a silk casting cloth. The question I come to you all with today tho is with regards to a container i am planning to make to keep the runes and casting cloth in, the plan at the moment is to construct a leather cilinder with a cap which fits over the top. to secure the cap I am planning to use three toggles and i wish to ascribe each of the toggles to each of the three norns. Are there three runes, each one representing one of the norns, or should i just use the perthro rune on each of the toggles? Alternatively are there any other symbols anyone knows about which represents the norns?

      Ok this question became a bit more convoluted than i intended, but your insight and knoledge would be greatly appreciated.

      Many thanks,
      Drennen
    • ellis
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 7:32 AM
        Good morning

        I have ben a runemaster for 30 years. I feel with the new Age of Aquarius and the new age of Spiritual quantum physics that we should start to become more creative. To use our own instincts and ideas to bring the runes and the gods and goddesses into the 21st century.

        Build your rune rituals according to your instincts and what you think they should be.

        We need to start to update all rituals. Some of them are thousand years old and a great deal of the rheoteric about runes and meanings are subjective to the pereson writing.them.

        Take a rune, meditate on it for a week or so then wait to see what wells up from inside. This will mean more to YOU than all the books

        Ragnar Storyteller
        FREE SPIRITUAL QUANTUM PHYSICS ARTICLES

        http://www,quantum-physics-spirituality.com/

      • valentina
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8 2:31 AM
          Drennen,

          don`t complicate youre existance too much with such details , don`t ask others how you should do , just use your instinct , it`s the best way.  Doing it after my way or others way won`t help you much, bcs each one has his own vision about how to do or use them.
          The most important thing about the Runes, no matter wich kind of set you have, just interact with them, listen them  well thro your instinct and you will allwyas know what to say or do.

          Goog luck