Re: Hello, fellow rune-casters

  • meshamybelle
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010
      are you a member of CovenSpace? i can contact you through there for help and you may enjoy it. look for me as ithus and let me know how i can know you. thanks-mesha

      --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "Ladis528" <matkan_lopussa@...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > I'm new to this group. My name is Ladislav, I'm from the Czech Republic but I reside on the west coast of Canada, on the beautiful Vancouver Island.
      >
      > Runes have been following me all through my life, I have created some talismans, used some in spells but until just recently never really used Runes for divination.
      >
      > A book of Runes by Mr. R. Blum found me and I'm getting familiar with the runes, I just have created a set as a gift for a woman who tought me Shamanic Journeying and who runs a Shamanic Drum Circle here in Nanaimo.
      >
      > I love baking, I love the way one can apply spiritual path to the path of flour changing into a loaf of bread. That's why I didn't doubt a single second about the material - I'm not sure if any of you ever heard about that, but as children we used to make a "dough" out of equal parts of flour, salt and water, shape it into whatever we want and bake it. It comes out of the oven rock-hard, nearly unbreakable. I carved the runes into the semi-hard "dough", I included the Blank Rune and I'm going to do the same thing to make my own set, I'm only waiting for the right moment now (-:
      >
      > In the meantime I'd like to get to know the Runes better, but I was quite sad to find out the runeschool.org is down for some reason, so is earth-dancing.com, so I've been wondering if there is other resource you'd recommend?
      >
      > Thanks for taking time to read my post, have a good rest of the weekend,
      >
      > with Love
      >
      > Ladislav

    • delancelyn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2010
        I didn't always have a computer or internet access so I tend to be a little more hands on: books. My fav's for Elder Futhark are:

        NORDIC RUNES by Paul Rhys Mountfort (for meanings) and
        EMPOWERING YOUR LIFE WITH RUNES by Jean Maire Stine (for rune-reading how-to).

        The book "Empowering Your Life" has rune meanings included so you might want to check out that one first. I didn't like the meanings, so got the "Nordic Runes" book for that. It includes more of the Eddas and history info so I think it is worthwhile to look at anyway.

        After that, it is all practice, pray and ponder.

        Blessings,
        Delancelyn

        --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "Ladis528" <matkan_lopussa@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > I'm new to this group. My name is Ladislav, I'm from the Czech Republic but I reside on the west coast of Canada, on the beautiful Vancouver Island.
        >
        > Runes have been following me all through my life, I have created some talismans, used some in spells but until just recently never really used Runes for divination.
        >
        > A book of Runes by Mr. R. Blum found me and I'm getting familiar with the runes, I just have created a set as a gift for a woman who tought me Shamanic Journeying and who runs a Shamanic Drum Circle here in Nanaimo.
        >
        > I love baking, I love the way one can apply spiritual path to the path of flour changing into a loaf of bread. That's why I didn't doubt a single second about the material - I'm not sure if any of you ever heard about that, but as children we used to make a "dough" out of equal parts of flour, salt and water, shape it into whatever we want and bake it. It comes out of the oven rock-hard, nearly unbreakable. I carved the runes into the semi-hard "dough", I included the Blank Rune and I'm going to do the same thing to make my own set, I'm only waiting for the right moment now (-:
        >
        > In the meantime I'd like to get to know the Runes better, but I was quite sad to find out the runeschool.org is down for some reason, so is earth-dancing.com, so I've been wondering if there is other resource you'd recommend?
        >
        > Thanks for taking time to read my post, have a good rest of the weekend,
        >
        > with Love
        >
        > Ladislav

      • Donald Kirk
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12, 2010
          thanks for book list , just watched dvd Finding Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle a refreshing look at our dilemna of our reason why all are seeking but already have Don in US Hardy, AR

          On Sun Jan 10th, 2010 4:27 PM CST delancelyn wrote:

          >I didn't always have a computer or internet access so I tend to be a little more hands on: books. My fav's for Elder Futhark are:
          >
          >NORDIC RUNES by Paul Rhys Mountfort (for meanings) and
          >EMPOWERING YOUR LIFE WITH RUNES by Jean Maire Stine (for rune-reading how-to).
          >
          >The book "Empowering Your Life" has rune meanings included so you might want to check out that one first. I didn't like the meanings, so got the "Nordic Runes" book for that. It includes more of the Eddas and history info so I think it is worthwhile to look at anyway.
          >
          >After that, it is all practice, pray and ponder.
          >
          >Blessings,
          >Delancelyn
          >

          >--- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "Ladis528" <matkan_lopussa@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi everybody,
          >>
          >> I'm new to this group. My name is Ladislav, I'm from the Czech Republic but I reside on the west coast of Canada, on the beautiful Vancouver Island.
          >>
          >> Runes have been following me all through my life, I have created some talismans, used some in spells but until just recently never really used Runes for divination.
          >>
          >> A book of Runes by Mr. R. Blum found me and I'm getting familiar with the runes, I just have created a set as a gift for a woman who tought me Shamanic Journeying and who runs a Shamanic Drum Circle here in Nanaimo.
          >>
          >> I love baking, I love the way one can apply spiritual path to the path of flour changing into a loaf of bread. That's why I didn't doubt a single second about the material - I'm not sure if any of you ever heard about that, but as children we used to make a "dough" out of equal parts of flour, salt and water, shape it into whatever we want and bake it. It comes out of the oven rock-hard, nearly unbreakable. I carved the runes into the semi-hard "dough", I included the Blank Rune and I'm going to do the same thing to make my own set, I'm only waiting for the right moment now (-:
          >>
          >> In the meantime I'd like to get to know the Runes better, but I was quite sad to find out the runeschool.org is down for some reason, so is earth-dancing.com, so I've been wondering if there is other resource you'd recommend?
          >>
          >> Thanks for taking time to read my post, have a good rest of the weekend,
          >>
          >> with Love
          >>
          >> Ladislav

        • meschelle Tucker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2010
            "nordic runes" is also one of my favorite books and recently found "dicovering runes" by bob oswald to be a good one too. one thing to remember with blum is his meanings are not traditional but ones he came up with through meditation or trance work- i can't remember exactly, only that it was a more personal method of discovery.