Re: [runes-divination] New member

  • valentina
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
      3 hours rune course?!?! Geeee! Do you realy think this will help anyone to read them ?
      Needs time, sometimes even months or years to read them for real not just guessing or reading them after someone else intuition, just because he/she says so.
      To read properly the runes you gotta help yourself meditate, and to know the meanings of the runes by your intuition most , not only after some books.
      Are 2 ways to read the Runes:
      - question-answer:   but the Runes never revealed me the all truth
      - the near future: for the next 2 weeks- always works that for me.

      Also helps me a lot connecting myself with the energy of the person i do the reading (this is the advantage of being also an empath ), never failed. But if you wanna use this way of energy, gotta be careful because without knowing you may hurt that person you're in contact.
      Here's a way you may work with he's/ her's energy
      (....."name of that person"..from   "the city".....born in ... allow to your energy to come to me, to show me exactly his / her  near future. "name of that person"...come to me and let me feel what you are feeling so i can see your future)

      There isn't the best way, there is only the way, that one you chose to fallow, the one you think is the best for you.
      I have a book about Runes, says some ways of reading them , but the way i use it i haven't found it in a book. So ...the decision is your and you must take in consideration you intuition also.

      Have you got your own Runes? Not worth it to buy some Runes from the shop where you pay too much.

    • malcolm
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 29, 2009
        Firstly, an apology for not being around much. My life has been hectic lately and as many of you have observed the Rune School is currently offline. I have all the code and we will be back sometime but there are many issues and it is unlikely to reappear until I find work.

        --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, valentina <lady_eyes2@...> wrote:

        > 3 hours rune course?!?! Geeee! Do you realy think this will help anyone to read them ?

        Actually.. I DO. I don't say that it should be viewed as the conclusion rather than the start of one's runic journey, nor do I say that one should view another's interpretation of the rune meanings as anything in any other way than critically, but with those provisos, I think any reading on the runes or runic education courses potentially have something to offer in building confidence and an initial framework of knowledge. I remember that when I first sat down to write the Rune School's initial runes course, I wanted to leave out any description of meaning and simply provide the tools to help the student discover them for themselves. However it proved impossible to have any meaningful discussion of interpretation without sketching out at least some details of traditional meaning.

        That there is a relationship with the runes that will become more intense and meaningful over the span of many years of study but this is not something unique to the runes, it is true of most disciplines. The harder you study something and the more you practice it the more proficient you will eventually become. However just because our initial efforts will be flawed that shouldn't discourage us from making them. In my experience, the runes are more forgiving of beginners than many people give them credit for. Last year, reviewing some of my earliest rune readings I came to the conclusion that I would almost certainly not interpret any of them in the same way now, but that the advice I received at the time was correct. I can only assume therefore the runes spoke to me in the way that they knew I would be receptive to at the time.

        I do believe that the best way to learn to read runes is to actually read them. Beginners should not be afraid to pick up the runes and to try to interpret them even if this involves sitting with an open copy of a rune book on your lap and just repeating the existing meanings that are given. You will certainly miss many of the more subtle nuances of the message and you may even accept some things which you later determine to be errors, but do not be afraid to try. Every marriage starts with a first date and that date can be nerve-wracking, hesitant, full of inadvertent mistakes etc, but it is a necessary first stage. I agree that meditation on the runes is an excellent way towards deepening understanding but most people find it difficult to meditate in the abstract. Carrying out readings gives you something to reflect upon.

        I have always said that reading for others is a privilege that should be earned and that all your initial readings should be for yourself and these provide a focus for expanding and personalizing your understanding of the meanings of the runes. Never be afraid of reading or hold back because you fear your knowledge isn't enough. That knowledge and understanding will come if you are sincere in your endeavors. Accept at the same time that you have a long way still to go on your chosen path though, playing one note doesn't make you a concert pianist and selecting lines from a list of meanings doesn't make you a rune reader.

        Os
        Owner, Runes-Divination
        webmaster@...